Determinants of credit-less recoveries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sichel, Daniel E, 1994.
"Inventories and the Three Phases of the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 269-277, July.
- Daniel E. Sichel, 1992. "Inventories and the three phases of the business cycle," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 128, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Maria Milesi-Ferretti, Gian & Razin, Assaf, 1998.
"Sharp reductions in current account deficits An empirical analysis,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 897-908, May.
- Gian M Milesi-Ferretti & Assaf Razin, 1997. "Sharp Reductions in Current Account Deficits; An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 97/168, International Monetary Fund.
- Gian Maria Milesi-Ferrett & Assaf Razin, 1997. "Sharp Reductions in Current Account Deficits: An Empirical Analyis," NBER Working Papers 6310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valerie Cerra & Sweta Chaman Saxena, 2008.
"Growth Dynamics: The Myth of Economic Recovery,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 439-457, March.
- Sweta Chaman Saxena & Valerie Cerra, 2005. "Growth Dynamics; The Myth of Economic Recovery," IMF Working Papers 05/147, International Monetary Fund.
- Valerie Cerra & Sweta C. Saxena, 2005. "Growth Dynamics: The Myth of Economic Recovery," Macroeconomics 0508008, EconWPA.
- Valerie Cerra & Sweta Chaman Saxena, 2007. "Growth dynamics: the myth of economic recovery," BIS Working Papers 226, Bank for International Settlements.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Ernesto Talvi, 2006.
"Phoenix Miracles in Emerging Markets: Recovering without Credit from Systemic Financial Crises,"
Research Department Publications
4474, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alejandro Izquierdo & Ernesto Talvi & Guillermo A Calvo, 2006. "Phoenix miracles in emerging markets: recovering without credit from systemic financial crises," BIS Working Papers 221, Bank for International Settlements.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Ernesto Talvi, 2006. "Phoenix Miracles in Emerging Markets: Recovering without Credit from Systemic Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 12101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matías Braun & Borja Larrain, 2005.
"Finance and the Business Cycle: International, Inter-Industry Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1097-1128, June.
- Matias Braun & Borja Larrain, 2004. "Finance and the Business Cycle: International, Inter-industry Evidence," Finance 0403001, EconWPA.
- Roman Liesenfeld & Guilherme Valle Moura & Jean-François Richard, 2010.
"Determinants and Dynamics of Current Account Reversals: An Empirical Analysis,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(4), pages 486-517, August.
- Liesenfeld, Roman & Moura, Guilherme V. & Richard, Jean-François, 2009. "Determinants and dynamics of current account reversals: an empirical analysis," Economics Working Papers 2009-04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Elisabetta Falcetti & Merxe Tudela, 2006. "Modelling Currency Crises in Emerging Markets: A Dynamic Probit Model with Unobserved Heterogeneity and Autocorrelated Errors," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(4), pages 445-471, August.
- Coricelli, Fabrizio & Roland, Isabelle, 2011. "How do credit conditions shape economic recoveries?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin Brown & Steven Ongena & Alexander Popov & Pinar Yeşin, 2011.
"Who needs credit and who gets credit in Eastern Europe?,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 26(01), pages 93-130, January.
- Martin Brown & Steven Ongena & Alexander Popov & Pinar Yesin, 2010. "Who Needs Credit and Who Gets Credit in Eastern Europe?," Working Papers 2010-09, Swiss National Bank.
- Ongena, Steven & Popov, Alexander & Brown, Martin & Yesin, Pinar, 2012. "Who needs credit and who gets credit in Eastern Europe?," Working Paper Series 1421, European Central Bank.
- Brown, M. & Ongena, S. & Popov, A. & Yesin, P., 2010. "Who Needs Credit and Who Gets Credit in Eastern Europe?," Discussion Paper 2010-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Morten O. Ravn & Harald Uhlig, 2002. "On adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott filter for the frequency of observations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 371-375.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- International Monetary Fund, 2016. "Republic of Latvia; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 16/172, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2013. "Greece; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 13/155, International Monetary Fund.
- Dimelis, Sophia & Giotopoulos, Ioannis & Louri, Helen, 2015.
"Can firms grow without credit?: evidence from the Euro Area, 2005-2011: a quantile panel analysis,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
61157, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sophia Dimelis, Ioannis Giotopoulos and Helen Louri, 2015. "Can Firms Grow Without Credit? Evidence from the Euro Area, 2005-2011: A Quantile Panel Analysis," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 89, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Bijsterbosch, Martin & Falagiarda, Matteo, 2014. "Credit supply dynamics and economic activity in euro area countries: a time-varying parameter VAR analysis," Working Paper Series 1714, European Central Bank.
- Katalin Bodnár & Zsolt Kovalszky & Emese Hudák, 2014. "Recovery from crises and lending," Financial and Economic Review, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 13(4), pages 57-85.
- Sugawara, Naotaka & Zalduendo, Juan, 2013. "Credit-less recoveries : neither a rare nor an insurmountable challenge," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6459, The World Bank.
- Grjebine, Thomas & Szczerbowicz, Urszula & Tripier, Fabien, 2018.
"Corporate debt structure and economic recoveries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 77-100.
- Thomas Grjebine & Urszula Szczerbowicz & Fabien Tripier, 2014. "Corporate Debt Structure and Economic Recoveries," Working Papers 2014-19, CEPII research center.
- T. Grjebine & U. Szczerbowicz & F. Tripier, 2017. "Corporate Debt Structure and Economic Recoveries," Working papers 646, Banque de France.
- Maria Siranova & Jana Kotlebova, 2015. "Possible Impact of the ECB’s Outright Purchase Programmes on Economic Growth from Individual Eurozone Countries’ Point of View," MIC 2015: Managing Sustainable Growth; Proceedings of the Joint International Conference, Portorož, Slovenia, 28–30 May 2015, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper.
- Banai, Ádám, 2016.
"A banki hitelezést meghatározó tényezők - középpontban a bankok helyzete és a makrokörnyezet
[Drivers of bank lending in Hungary - the roles of bank-specific and macro factors]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 137-161.
- Elod Takáts & Christian Upper, 2013. "Credit and growth after financial crises," BIS Working Papers 416, Bank for International Settlements.
- Mahmoud Haddad & Sam Hakim, 2015. "Can Banks Lead the Economic Recovery of the Arab Spring?," Working Papers 965, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2015.
- Feyen, Erik & Kibuuka, Katie & Otker-Robe, Inci, 2012. "Bank deleveraging : causes, channels, and consequences for emerging market and developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6086, The World Bank.
- Hiona Balfoussia & Dimitris Malliaropulos, 2015. "Credit-less recoveries: the role of investment-savings imbalances," Working Papers 200, Bank of Greece.
- Bijsterbosch, Martin & Falagiarda, Matteo, 2015. "The macroeconomic impact of financial fragmentation in the euro area: Which role for credit supply?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 93-115.
- Jaanika Merikull, 2012. "Households borrowing during a creditless recovery," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2012-2, Bank of Estonia, revised 22 Feb 2012.
- Olteanu, Dan, 2014. "Creditless Recovery In Eastern Europe," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 141212, National Institute of Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit-less Recoveries; Financial crises; Panel Probit Models;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-07-21 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2011-07-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2011-07-21 (European Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-07-21 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20111358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .