Does Abolishing Fees Reduce School Quality? Evidence from Kenya
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cox, Donald & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1990. "The relative effectiveness of private and public schools : Evidence from two developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 99-121, November.
- Esther Duflo & Pascaline Dupas & Michael Kremer, 2011.
"Peer Effects, Teacher Incentives, and the Impact of Tracking: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation in Kenya,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1739-1774, August.
- Esther Duflo & Pascaline Dupas & Michael Kremer, 2008. "Peer Effects, Teacher Incentives, and the Impact of Tracking: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 14475, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duflo, Esther & Dupas, Pascaline & Kremer, Michael, 2008. "Peer Effects, Teacher Incentives, and the Impact of Tracking: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation in Kenya," CEPR Discussion Papers 7043, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nava Ashraf & James Berry & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2010.
"Can Higher Prices Stimulate Product Use? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Zambia,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2383-2413, December.
- Nava Ashraf & James Berry & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2007. "Can Higher Prices Stimulate Product Use? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Zambia," NBER Working Papers 13247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jessica Cohen & Pascaline Dupas, 2010. "Free Distribution or Cost-Sharing? Evidence from a Randomized Malaria Prevention Experiment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 1-45.
- Hsieh, Chang-Tai & Urquiola, Miguel, 2006. "The effects of generalized school choice on achievement and stratification: Evidence from Chile's voucher program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1477-1503, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frédéric Lesne, 2013. "School Fees, Parental Participation and Accountability: Evidence from Madagascar," Working Papers halshs-00825244, HAL.
- Adrienne M. Lucas & Isaac M. Mbiti, 2012.
"Access, Sorting, and Achievement: The Short-Run Effects of Free Primary Education in Kenya,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 226-253, October.
- Adrienne M. Lucas & Isaac M. Mbiti, 2012. "Access, Sorting and Achievement: the Short-Run Effects of Free Primary Education in Kenya," Working Papers 12-10, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Taylor, Stephen & Spaull, Nicholas, 2015. "Measuring access to learning over a period of increased access to schooling: The case of Southern and Eastern Africa since 2000," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 47-59.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00825240 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsuser fees; school quality; private schools;
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-04-02 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-04-02 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2011-04-02 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-04-02 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-04-02 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csa:wpaper:2011-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Payne). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .