Fool’s Gold: Currency Devaluations and Stock Prices of Multinational Companies Operating in Venezuela
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Kane, Edward J., 2002.
"Event-study evidence of the value of relaxing long-standing regulatory restraints on banks, 1970-2000,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 439-463.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane, 2001. "Event-Study Evidence of the Value of Relaxing Longstanding Regulatory Restraints on Banks, 1970-2000," NBER Working Papers 8594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ags:jaecon:37495 is not listed on IDEAS
- Glen, Jack, 2002. "Devaluations and emerging stock market returns," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 409-428, December.
- Ang, James & Ghallab, Ahmed, 1976. "The impact of U.S. devaluations on the stock prices of multinational corporations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 25-34, February.
- Patro, Dilip K. & Wald, John K. & Wu, Yangru, 2014. "Currency devaluation and stock market response: An empirical analysis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 79-94.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Cox, Don R & Peterson, David R, 1994. " Stock Returns Following Large One-Day Declines: Evidence on Short-Term Reversals and Longer-Term Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 255-267, March.
- Stulz, Rene M, 1981. "On the Effects of Barriers to International Investment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 923-934, September.
- Kanas, Angelos, 2005.
"Pure Contagion Effects in International Banking: The Case of BCCI´s Failure,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8(1), pages 1-23, May.
- Angelos Kanas, 2005. "Pure contagion effects in international banking: The case of BCCIÂ’s failure," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 101-123, May.
More about this item
Keywordsdevaluation; market efficiency; market myopia; multinationals; abnormal returns; exchange controls;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-14 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cid:wpfacu:83a. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chuck McKenney). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.