Exchange rate movements and the profitability of U.S. multinationals
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Gentry, William M., 1993. "Exchange rate exposure and industry characteristics: evidence from Canada, Japan, and the USA," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-45, February.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "The Exchange-Rate Exposure of U.S. Multinationals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(3), pages 331-345, July.
- Gene M. Grossman & James A. Levinsohn, 1987.
"Import Competition and the Stock Market Return to Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
2420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Gene M & Levinsohn, James A, 1989. "Import Competition and the Stock Market Return to Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1065-1087, December.
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J.K., 1989.
"A Simple, Consistent Estimate For Disturbance Components In Financial Models,"
243, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Levinsohn, James & MacKie-Mason, Jeffrey K, 1990. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator for Disturbance Components in Financial Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 516-520, August.
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J., 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator For Disturbance Components In Financial Models," Papers 89-16, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J.K., 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator For Disturbance Components In Financial Models," Papers 443, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- James A. Levinsohn & Jeffrey K. MacKie-Mason, 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator for Disturbance Components in Financial Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shapiro, Alan C, 1975. "Exchange Rate Changes, Inflation, and the Value of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 485-502, May.
- Khoo, Andrew, 1994. "Estimation of foreign exchange exposure: an application to mining companies in Australia," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 342-363, June.
- Richard C. Marston, 1996. "The Effects of Industry Structure on Economic Exposure," NBER Working Papers 5518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marston, R.C., 1996. "The Effects of Industry Structure on Economic Exposure," Weiss Center Working Papers 96-3, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Robert C. Merton, 1980.
"On Estimating the Expected Return on the Market: An Exploratory Investigation,"
NBER Working Papers
0444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C., 1980. "On estimating the expected return on the market : An exploratory investigation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 323-361, December.
- Meese, Richard A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983. "Empirical exchange rate models of the seventies : Do they fit out of sample?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-24, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:19:y:2000:i:1:p:117-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.