Devaluation Expectations and the Stock Market: The Case of Mexico in 1994/95
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Uribe, Martin, 2000. "Devaluation risk and the business-cycle implications of exchange-rate management," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 239-296, December.
- Kanas, Angelos, 2005. "Regime linkages between the Mexican currency market and emerging equity markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 109-125, January.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan & D'Rosario, Michael, 2011. "Share price clustering in Mexico," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 113-119, April.
- Chortareas, Georgios & Cipollini, Andrea & Eissa, Mohamed Abdelaziz, 2012. "Switching to floating exchange rates, devaluations, and stock returns in MENA countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 119-127.
More about this item
KeywordsWP; exchange rate; abnormal returns; devaluation; devaluation expectation; Stock market; Mexican peso devaluations; event study; exchange rate exposure; credibility of exchange rate regimes; leading crisis indicators; devaluation event-study methodology; exchange rate factor; shadow exchange rate; exchange rate elasticity; Exchange rates; Stock markets; Exchange rate adjustments; Exchange rate arrangements; Exports; Asia and Pacific;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FMK-2000-04-04 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:2000/028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Akshay Modi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.