Exposing corruption: Can electoral competition discipline politicians?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Afridi, Farzana & Dhillon, Amrita & Solan, Eilon, 2016. "Exposing Corruption: Can Electoral Competition Discipline Politicians?," IZA Discussion Papers 10396, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Karthik Muralidharan & Paul Niehaus & Sandip Sukhtankar, 2016.
"Building State Capacity: Evidence from Biometric Smartcards in India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 106(10), pages 2895-2929, October.
- Karthik Muralidharan & Paul Niehaus & Sandip Sukhtankar, 2014. "Building State Capacity: Evidence from Biometric Smartcards in India," NBER Working Papers 19999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Afridi, Farzana & Iversen, Vegard, 2014.
"Social Audits and MGNREGA Delivery: Lessons from Andhra Pradesh,"
India Policy Forum,
National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 10(1), pages 297-341.
- Farzana Afridi & Vegard Iversen, 2014. "Social audits and MGNREGA delivery: Lessons from Andhra Pradesh," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 14-02, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Afridi, Farzana & Iversen, Vegard, 2014. "Social Audits and MGNREGA Delivery: Lessons from Andhra Pradesh," IZA Discussion Papers 8095, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Saul Pleeter & John T. Warner, 2001. "The Personal Discount Rate: Evidence from Military Downsizing Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 33-53, March.
- Claudio Ferraz & Frederico Finan, 2011.
"Electoral Accountability and Corruption: Evidence from the Audits of Local Governments,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1274-1311, June.
- Claudio Ferraz & Frederico Finan, 2009. "Electoral Accountability and Corruption: Evidence from the Audits of Local Governments," NBER Working Papers 14937, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2015. "Insiders and Outsiders: Local Ethnic Politics and Public Goods Provision," NBER Working Papers 21720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bharatee Bhusana, Ferris, J Stephen Dash & Stanley L. Winer, 2018.
"Measuring Electoral Competitiveness: With Application to the Indian States,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
7216, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bharatee Bhusana Dash & J. Stephen Ferris & Stanley L. Winer, 2018. "Measuring Electoral Competitiveness: With Application to the Indian States," Carleton Economic Papers 18-10, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; Electoral Competition; Audit; Social Acountability. JEL Classification: D72; D82; H75; O43; C72;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2017-03-26 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-CDM-2017-03-26 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DEV-2017-03-26 (Development)
- NEP-POL-2017-03-26 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-URE-2017-03-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cge:wacage:311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Snape). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.