Carbon Pricing in the EU: Evaluation of Different EU ETS Reform Options
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Denny Ellerman & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2007.
"The Efficiency and Robustness of Allowance Banking in the U.S. Acid Rain Program,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 47-72.
- A. Denny Ellerman & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2005. "The Efficiency and Robustness of Allowance Banking in the U.S. Acid Rain Program," Working Papers 0505, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Fell, Harrison & Burtraw, Dallas & Morgenstern, Richard D. & Palmer, Karen L., 2012. "Soft and hard price collars in a cap-and-trade system: A comparative analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 183-198.
- Holt, Charles A. & Shobe, William M., 2016.
"Reprint of: Price and quantity collars for stabilizing emission allowance prices: Laboratory experiments on the EU ETS market stability reserve,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 69-86.
- Holt, Charles A. & Shobe, William, 2015. "Price and Quantity “Collars” for Stabilizing Emissions Allowance Prices: An Experimental Analysis of the EU ETS Market Stability Reserve," Discussion Papers dp-15-29, Resources For the Future.
- Kelly, J. Andrew & Vollebergh, Herman R.J., 2012.
"Adaptive Policy Mechanisms for Transboundary Air Pollution Regulation: Reasons and Recommendations,"
Climate Change and Sustainable Development
128198, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- J. Andrew Kelly & Herman R.J. Vollebergh, 2012. "Adaptive Policy Mechanisms for Transboundary Air Pollution Regulation: Reasons and Recommendations," Working Papers 2012.32, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Kahn, Danny, 2010. "A symmetric safety valve," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4921-4932, September.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tol, Richard S. J., 2009. "The EU 20/20/2020 Targets: An Overview of the EMF22 Assessment," Papers WP325, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- ., 2011. "Digital inequalities in Europe," Chapters, in: Paolo Guerrieri & Sara Bentivegna (ed.), The Economic Impact of Digital Technologies, chapter 4, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Fischer, Carolyn & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2014.
"Cost-effective unilateral climate policy design: Size matters,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 318-339.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Fischer, Carolyn & Einar Rosendahl, Knut, 2011. "Cost-Effective Unilateral Climate Policy Design: Size Matters," Discussion Papers dp-11-34, Resources For the Future.
- Christoph Böhringer & Carolyn Fischer & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2011. "Cost-effective unilateral climate policy design: Size Matters," Discussion Papers 664, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Arjan Lejour & Paul Veenendaal & Gerard Verweij & Nico van Leeuwen, 2006. "Worldscan; a model for international economic policy analysis," CPB Document 111, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Pizer, William A., 2002. "Combining price and quantity controls to mitigate global climate change," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 409-434, September.
- Harold Hotelling, 1931. "The Economics of Exhaustible Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 137-137.
- Herman Vollebergh & Jan Vries & Paul Koutstaal, 1997. "Hybrid carbon incentive mechanisms and political acceptability," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 9(1), pages 43-63, January.
- Oecd, 2011. "Centralised Purchasing Systems in the European Union," SIGMA Papers 47, OECD Publishing.
- Ellerman,A. Denny & Convery,Frank J. & de Perthuis,Christian With contributions by-Name:Alberola,Emilie With contributions by-Name:Buchner,Barbara K. With contributions by-Name:Delbosc,AnaÃ¯s, 2010. "Pricing Carbon," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521196475.
- David Popp, 2002. "Induced Innovation and Energy Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 160-180, March.
- De Jonghe, Cedric & Delarue, Erik & Belmans, Ronnie & D'haeseleer, William, 2009. "Interactions between measures for the support of electricity from renewable energy sources and CO2 mitigation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4743-4752, November.
- Wood, Peter John & Jotzo, Frank, 2011.
"Price floors for emissions trading,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1746-1753, March.
- Peter Wood & Frank Jotzo, 2009. "Price Floors for Emissions Trading," Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports 0936, Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Wood, Peter John & Jotzo, Frank, 2009. "Price Floors for Emissions Trading," Research Reports 94885, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- Wood, Peter John & Jotzo, Frank, 2009. "Price Floors for Emissions Trading," Sustainable Development Papers 56211, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Peter John Wood & Frank Jotzo, 2009. "Price Floors for Emissions Trading," Working Papers 2009.118, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Boeters, Stefan & Koornneef, Joris, 2011. "Supply of renewable energy sources and the cost of EU climate policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1024-1034, September.
- Koch, Nicolas & Fuss, Sabine & Grosjean, Godefroy & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2014. "Causes of the EU ETS price drop: Recession, CDM, renewable policies or a bit of everything?—New evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 676-685.
- Bollen, Johannes & Brink, Corjan, 2014. "Air pollution policy in Europe: Quantifying the interaction with greenhouse gases and climate change policies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 202-215.
- Babiker, Mustafa & Gurgel, Angelo & Paltsev, Sergey & Reilly, John, 2009. "Forward-looking versus recursive-dynamic modeling in climate policy analysis: A comparison," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1341-1354, November.
- Valentina Bosetti & Emanuele Massetti & Massimo Tavoni, 2007.
"The WITCH Model. Structure, Baseline, Solutions,"
2007.10, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Massetti, Emanuele & Tavoni, Massimo, 2007. "The WITCH Model. Structure, Baseline, Solutions," Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers 12064, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Soyoung Kim & Jong‐Wha Lee & Cyn‐Young Park, 2011. "Ties Binding Asia, Europe and the USA," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 19(1), pages 24-46, January.
- Jared C. Carbone, 2013. "Linking Numerical and Analytical Models of Carbon Leakage," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 326-331, May.
- Sascha Kollenberg & Luca Taschini, 2015. "The European Union Emissions Trading System and the Market Stability Reserve: Optimal Dynamic Supply Adjustment," CESifo Working Paper Series 5380, CESifo Group Munich.
- Trotignon, Raphaël, 2012. "In search of the carbon price: The european CO2 emission trading scheme : from ex ante and ex post analysis to the protection in 2020," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/11212 edited by De Perthuis, Christian.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rubin, Jonathan D., 1996. "A Model of Intertemporal Emission Trading, Banking, and Borrowing," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 269-286, November.
- van der Werf, Edwin, 2008.
"Production functions for climate policy modeling: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2964-2979, November.
- Edwin van der Werf, 2007. "Production Functions for Climate Policy Modeling: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 2007.47, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Roberts, Marc J. & Spence, Michael, 1976. "Effluent charges and licenses under uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3-4), pages 193-208.
- Van den Bergh, Kenneth & Delarue, Erik & D'haeseleer, William, 2013. "Impact of renewables deployment on the CO2 price and the CO2 emissions in the European electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1021-1031.
- Cameron Hepburn, 2006. "Regulation by Prices, Quantities, or Both: A Review of Instrument Choice," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 226-247, Summer.
- Cronshaw, Mark B & Brown-Kruse, Jamie, 1996. "Regulated Firms in Pollution Permit Markets with Banking," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 179-189, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sajid, M. Jawad & Cao, Qingren & Kang, Wei, 2019. "Transport sector carbon linkages of EU's top seven emitters," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 24-38.
- Hájek, Miroslav & Zimmermannová, Jarmila & Helman, Karel & Rozenský, Ladislav, 2019. "Analysis of carbon tax efficiency in energy industries of selected EU countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Ian Parry & Herman R. J. Vollebergh, 2016. "Reforming the EU Energy Tax Directive: Assessing the Options," CESifo Working Paper Series 5749, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lintunen, Jussi & Kuusela, Olli-Pekka, 2018. "Business cycles and emission trading with banking," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 397-417.
- Fang, Guochang & Tian, Lixin & Liu, Menghe & Fu, Min & Sun, Mei, 2018. "How to optimize the development of carbon trading in China—Enlightenment from evolution rules of the EU carbon price," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 1039-1049.
- Jie Wu & Ying Fan & Yan Xia, 2017. "How Can China Achieve Its Nationally Determined Contribution Targets Combining Emissions Trading Scheme and Renewable Energy Policies?," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-20, August.
- Sen, Suphi & Vollebergh, Herman, 2018.
"The effectiveness of taxing the carbon content of energy consumption,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 74-99.
- Suphi Sen & Herman R. J. Vollebergh, 2016. "The Effectiveness of Taxing Carbon Content of Energy Consumption," CESifo Working Paper Series 6003, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sen, Suphi & Vollebergh, Herman, 2018. "The effectiveness of taxing the carbon content of energy consumption," Munich Reprints in Economics 62858, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Federico Galán-Valdivieso & Elena Villar-Rubio & María-Dolores Huete-Morales, 2018. "The erratic behaviour of the EU ETS on the path towards consolidation and price stability," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(5), pages 689-706, October.
- Nava, Consuelo R. & Meleo, Linda & Cassetta, Ernesto & Morelli, Giovanna, 2018.
"The impact of the EU-ETS on the aviation sector: Competitive effects of abatement efforts by airlines,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 20-34.
- Nava, Consuelo R. & Meleo, Linda & Cassetta, Ernesto & Morelli, Giovanna, 2017. "The Impact of the EU-ETS on the Aviation Sector: Competitive Effects of Abatement Efforts by Airlines," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201710, University of Turin.
- Lin, Boqiang & Jia, Zhijie, 2017. "The impact of Emission Trading Scheme (ETS) and the choice of coverage industry in ETS: A case study in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 1512-1527.
- Alexander Krenek & Mark Sommer & Margit Schratzenstaller, 2019. "Sustainability-oriented Future EU Funding. A European Border Carbon Adjustment," WIFO Working Papers 587, WIFO.
- Zhang, Lirong & Li, Yakun & Jia, Zhijie, 2018. "Impact of carbon allowance allocation on power industry in China’s carbon trading market: Computable general equilibrium based analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 229(C), pages 814-827.
- Chang-Jing Ji & Yu-Jie Hu & Bao-Jun Tang, 2018. "Research on carbon market price mechanism and influencing factors: a literature review," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 92(2), pages 761-782, June.
More about this item
Keywordsclimate policy; European Union Emission Trading System; auction reserve price; carbon tax; price floor; banking; computable general equilibrium;
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Adoption and Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_5633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.