Banking of Surplus Emissions Allowances: Does the Volume Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Chevallier, 2009.
"European Carbon Prices and Banking Restrictions: Evidence from Phase I (2005-2007),"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 51-80.
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Pierre Chevallier, 2007. "European carbon prices and banking restrictions: evidence from phase I (2005-2007)," EconomiX Working Papers 2007-32, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Chevallier, 2009. "European Carbon Prices and Banking Restrictions: Evidence from Phase I (2005-2007)," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00649923, HAL.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Carraro, Carlo & Massetti, Emanuele, 2009.
"Banking permits: Economic efficiency and distributional effects,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 382-403, May.
- Valentina Bosetti & Carlo Carraro & Emanuele Massetti, 2008. "Banking Permits: Economic Efficiency and Distributional Effects," Working Papers 2008.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Valentina Bosetti & Carlo Carraro & Emanuele Massetti, 2008. "Banking Permits: Economic Efficiency and Distributional Effects," CESifo Working Paper Series 2214, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Carraro, Carlo & Massetti, Emanuele, 2008. "Banking Permits: Economic Efficiency and Distributional Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 6652, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlo Carraro & Valentina Bosetti & Emanuele Massetti, 2008. "Banking Permits: Economic Efficiency and Distributional Effects," Working Papers 2008_01, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Changyun Wang, 2001.
"Investor Sentiment and Return Predictability in Agricultural Futures Markets,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(10), pages 929-952, October.
- Wang, Changyun, 2000. "Investor sentiment and return predictability in agricultural futures markets," MPRA Paper 36425, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2002.
- Daniel Phaneuf & Till Requate, 2002. "Incentives for Investment in Advanced Pollution Abatement Technology in Emission Permit Markets with Banking," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(3), pages 369-390, July.
- R. Trotignon & A. Denny Ellerman, 2008. "Compliance Behavior in THE EU-ETS: Cross Border Trading, Banking and Borrowing," Working Papers 0812, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1992. "Systematic Risk, Hedging Pressure, and Risk Premiums in Futures Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 637-667.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holt, Charles A. & Shobe, William M., 2016.
"Reprint of: Price and quantity collars for stabilizing emission allowance prices: Laboratory experiments on the EU ETS market stability reserve,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 69-86.
- Holt, Charles A. & Shobe, William, 2015. "Price and Quantity “Collars” for Stabilizing Emissions Allowance Prices: An Experimental Analysis of the EU ETS Market Stability Reserve," Discussion Papers dp-15-29, Resources For the Future.
- William Acworth, 2014. "Can the Market Stability Reserve Stabilise the EU ETS: Commentators Hedge Their Bets," DIW Roundup: Politik im Fokus 23, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Koch, Nicolas & Fuss, Sabine & Grosjean, Godefroy & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2014. "Causes of the EU ETS price drop: Recession, CDM, renewable policies or a bit of everything?—New evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 676-685.
- Lucia, Julio J. & Mansanet-Bataller, Maria & Pardo, Ángel, 2015. "Speculative and hedging activities in the European carbon market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 342-351.
- Hu, Jing & Crijns-Graus, Wina & Lam, Long & Gilbert, Alyssa, 2015. "Ex-ante evaluation of EU ETS during 2013–2030: EU-internal abatement," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 152-163.
- Richstein, Jörn C. & Chappin, Émile J.L. & de Vries, Laurens J., 2015. "The market (in-)stability reserve for EU carbon emission trading: Why it might fail and how to improve it," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-18.
- Rannou, Yves, 2017. "Liquidity, information, strategic trading in an electronic order book: New insights from the European carbon markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 779-808.
- Pablo Pintos & Pedro Linares, 2016. "Assessing the EU ETS with an Integrated Model," Working Papers 01-2016, Economics for Energy.
- repec:kap:ejlwec:v:43:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10657-016-9550-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Creutzig, Felix & Goldschmidt, Jan Christoph & Lehmann, Paul & Schmid, Eva & von Blücher, Felix & Breyer, Christian & Fernandez, Blanca & Jakob, Michael & Knopf, Brigitte & Lohrey, Steffen & Susca, Ti, 2014. "Catching two European birds with one renewable stone: Mitigating climate change and Eurozone crisis by an energy transition," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1015-1028.
- Kate Ervine, 2014. "Diminishing Returns: Carbon Market Crisis and the Future of Market-Dependent Climate Change Finance," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 723-747, September.
- Cummins, Mark & Garry, Oonagh & Kearney, Claire, 2014. "Price discovery analysis of green equity indices using robust asymmetric vector autoregression," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 261-267.
- Richstein, Jörn C. & Chappin, Émile J.L. & de Vries, Laurens J., 2015. "Adjusting the CO2 cap to subsidised RES generation: Can CO2 prices be decoupled from renewable policy?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 693-702.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean emission trading scheme; banking; discount rates;
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2012-03-21 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-ENE-2012-03-21 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-03-21 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2012-03-21 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.