Pollution Haven Hypothesis or Factor Endowment Hypothesis: Theory and Empirical Examination for the US and China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Di Maria Corrado & Smulders Sjak A., 2005. "Trade Pessimists vs Technology Optimists: Induced Technical Change and Pollution Havens," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-27, January.
- Hitoshi Hayami & Masao Nakamura & Mikio Suga & Kanji Yoshioka, 1997. "Environmental Management in Japan: Applications of Input-Output Analysis to the Emission of Global Warming Gases," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 195-208.
- Erik Dietzenbacher & Kakali Mukhopadhyay, 2007. "An Empirical Examination of the Pollution Haven Hypothesis for India: Towards a Green Leontief Paradox?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(4), pages 427-449, April.
- Copeland, Brian R & Taylor, M Scott, 1995. "Trade and Transboundary Pollution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 716-737, September.
- Proops, John L. R. & Atkinson, Giles & Schlotheim, Burkhard Frhr. v. & Simon, Sandrine, 1999. "International trade and the sustainability footprint: a practical criterion for its assessment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 75-97, January.
- Mukhopadhyay, Kakali & Forssell, Osmo, 2005. "An empirical investigation of air pollution from fossil fuel combustion and its impact on health in India during 1973-1974 to 1996-1997," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 235-250, November.
- Machado, Giovani & Schaeffer, Roberto & Worrell, Ernst, 2001. "Energy and carbon embodied in the international trade of Brazil: an input-output approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 409-424, December.
- Xu, Xinpeng, 1999. "Do Stringent Environmental Regulations Reduce the International Competitiveness of Environmentally Sensitive Goods? A Global Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1215-1226, July.
- Wyckoff, Andrew W. & Roop, Joseph M., 1994. "The embodiment of carbon in imports of manufactured products : Implications for international agreements on greenhouse gas emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 187-194, March.
- Low, P., 1992. "International Trade and the Environment," World Bank - Discussion Papers 159, World Bank.
- Michael Lahr, 2001. "Reconciling Domestication Techniques, the Notion of Re-exports and Some Comments on Regional Accounting," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 165-179.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2006.
"Globalization and Environment: Can Pollution Haven Hypothesis alone explain the impact of Globalization on Environment?,"
50590, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Oct 2006.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2006. "Globalization and Environment: Can Pollution Haven Hypothesis alone explain the impact of Globalization on Environment?," MPRA Paper 59111, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Oct 2006.
- Ling, Chong Hui & Ahmed, Khalid & Muhamad, Rusnah binti & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2015. "Decomposing the trade-environment nexus for Malaysia: What do the technique, scale, composition and comparative advantage effect indicate?," MPRA Paper 67165, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Oct 2015.
- Pei, Jiansuo & Meng, Bo & Wang, Fei & Xue, Jinjun, 2015. "Production sharing, demand spillovers and CO2 emissions : the case of Chinese regions in GVCs," IDE Discussion Papers 493, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Chris Milner & Fangya Xu, "undated". "On The Pollution Content of China’s Trade: Clearing the Air?," Discussion Papers 09/19, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Dietzenbacher, Erik & Pei, Jiansuo & Yang, Cuihong, 2012. "Trade, production fragmentation, and China's carbon dioxide emissions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 88-101.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:6:p:1035-1051 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yilmaz BAYAR & Ömer Faruk OZTURK, 2016. "Trade Openness and Environmental Pollution in Emerging Market Economies," Eurasian Eononometrics, Statistics and Emprical Economics Journal, Eurasian Academy Of Sciences, vol. 3(3), pages 33-42, January.
- Audi, Marc & Ali, Amjad, 2018. "Determinants of Environmental Degradation under the Perspective of Globalization: A Panel Analysis of Selected MENA Nations," MPRA Paper 85776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ning Chang, 2012. "The empirical relationship between openness and environmental pollution in China," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(6), pages 783-796, August.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational trade; Environment; Pollution haven; Factor endowment; Inputoutput analysis.;
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2006-03-25 (China)
- NEP-ENE-2006-03-25 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2006-03-25 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-INT-2006-03-25 (International Trade)
- NEP-RES-2006-03-25 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2006-03-25 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2006-03-25 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cer:papers:wp292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jana Koudelkova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eiacacz.html .