Do Stringent Environmental Regulations Reduce the International Competitiveness of Environmentally Sensitive Goods? A Global Perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dean, Judith M., 1992. "Trade and the environment : a survey of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 966, The World Bank.
- Drysdale, Peter & Garnaut, Ross, 1982. "Trade Intensities and the Analysis of Bilateral Trade Flows in a Many-Country World : A Survey," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 22(2), pages 62-84, February.
- Gagnon, Joseph E & Rose, Andrew K, 1995. "Dynamic Persistence of Industry Trade Balances: How Pervasive Is the Product Cycle?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(2), pages 229-248, April.
- Ballance, Robert H & Forstner, Helmut & Murray, Tracy, 1987. "Consistency Tests of Alternative Measures of Comparative Advantage," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 157-161, February.
- Sorsa, Piritta*DEC, 1994. "Competitiveness and environmental standards : some exploratory results," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1249, The World Bank.
- H. David Robison, 1988. "Industrial Pollution Abatement: The Impact on Balance of Trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(1), pages 187-199, February.
- Pethig, Rudiger, 1976. "Pollution, welfare, and environmental policy in the theory of Comparative Advantage," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 160-169, February.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Tobey, James A, 1990. "The Effects of Domestic Environmental Policies on Patterns of World Trade: An Empirical Test," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 191-209.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Umed Temurshoev, 2006. "Pollution Haven Hypothesis or Factor Endowment Hypothesis: Theory and Empirical Examination for the US and China," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp292, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Sakamoto, Tomoyuki & Managi, Shunsuke, 2017.
"New evidence of environmental efficiency on the export performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 615-626.
- Sakamoto, Tomoyuki & Managi, Shunsuke, 2016. "New evidence of environmental efficiency on the export performance," MPRA Paper 74850, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Zhang, Hongliang, 2013. "Pollution Haven Effect with Heterogeneous Firms," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150781, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Pieter J.H. van Beukering & Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh & Marco A. Janssen & Harmen Verbruggen, 2000. "International Material-Product Chains: An Alternative Perspective on International Trade and Trade Theories," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-034/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Liguo Lin & Wei Sun, 2016. "Location choice of FDI firms and environmental regulation reforms in China," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 207-232, October.
- Douglas A. Carr, 2011. "The Intergovernmental Fiscal Effects of the Clean Air Act," Public Finance Review, , vol. 39(6), pages 810-830, November.
- Pascalau, Razvan & Qirjo, Dhimitri, 2017. "The Role of TTIP on the Environment," MPRA Paper 79652, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Maradan & Karim Zein, 2011. "Regulating Industry Emissions: Assessing the Moroccan Cement Experiences," Working Papers 598, Economic Research Forum, revised 07 Jan 2011.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 431-455, August.
- Zhu, Xueqin & van Ierland, Ekko, 2006. "The enlargement of the European Union: Effects on trade and emissions of greenhouse gases," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 1-14, April.
- Feix, Rodrigo Daniel & Miranda, Silvia Helena Galvao de & Barros, Geraldo Sant'Ana de Camargo, 2008. "Environmental regulation and international trade patterns for agro-industrial under a South-North Perspective," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44329, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Muradian, Roldan & Martinez-Alier, Joan, 2001. "Trade and the environment: from a 'Southern' perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 281-297, February.
- Jenkins, Rhys Owen, 2003. "Has trade liberalization created pollution havens in Latin America?," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:27:y:1999:i:7:p:1215-1226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .