Do Stringent Environmental Regulations Reduce International Competitiveness? Evidence from an Inter-industry A nalysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Siebert, Horst, 1985. "Spatial aspects of environmental economics," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics,in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 125-164 Elsevier.
- Dean, Judith M., 1992. "Trade and the environment : a survey of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 966, The World Bank.
- Ballance, Robert H & Forstner, Helmut & Murray, Tracy, 1987. "Consistency Tests of Alternative Measures of Comparative Advantage," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 157-161, February.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1980. "The Leontief Paradox, Reconsidered," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 495-503, June.
- Adam B. Jaffe et al., 1995. "Environmental Regulation and the Competitiveness of U.S. Manufacturing: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 132-163, March.
- McGuire, Martin C., 1982. "Regulation, factor rewards, and international trade," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 335-354, April.
- Travis, William P, 1972. "Production, Trade, and Protection When There are Many Commodities and Two Factors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 87-106, March.
- K.W. Clements & L.A. Sjaastad, 1983. "How Protection Taxes Exporters," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 83-15, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Sorsa, Piritta*DEC, 1994. "Competitiveness and environmental standards : some exploratory results," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1249, The World Bank.
- Copeland Brian R., 1994. "International Trade and the Environment: Policy Reform in a Polluted Small Open Economy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 44-65, January.
- Revesz, Richard L. & Stavins, Robert N., 2007. "Environmental Law," Handbook of Law and Economics, Elsevier.
- Magat, Wesley A., 1978. "Pollution control and technological advance: A dynamic model of the firm," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Lopez, Ramon E. & Islam, Asif M., 2008. "Trade and the Environment," Working Papers 45982, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Milliman, Scott R. & Prince, Raymond, 1989. "Firm incentives to promote technological change in pollution control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-265, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Hongliang, 2013. "Pollution Haven Effect with Heterogeneous Firms," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150781, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bajona, Claustre & Kelly, David L., 2012.
"Trade and the environment with pre-existing subsidies: A dynamic general equilibrium analysis,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 253-278.
- Claustre Bajona & David L. Kelly, 2005. "Trade and the Environment with Pre-existing Subsidies: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers 0603, University of Miami, Department of Economics, revised 01 Mar 2006.
- Blackman, Allen & Nelson, Per-Kristian & Mathis, Mitchell, 2001. "The Greening of Development Economics: A Survey," Discussion Papers dp-01-08, Resources For the Future.
- Stephen Devadoss & Jude Bayham, 2013. "US Ethanol Trade Policy: Pollution Reduction or Domestic Protection," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 568-584, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Regulations; International Competitiveness; Exports And Imports; Inter-industry Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ijecbs:v:5:y:1998:i:1:p:77-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIJB20 .