Institutions for Fiscal Stability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Wren-Lewis, Simon, 2000. "The Limits to Discretionary Fiscal Stabilization Policy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 92-105, Winter.
- Barry Eichengreen & Charles Wyplosz, 1998. "The Stability Pact: more than a minor nuisance?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 65-113, April.
- Beetsma, Roel M. W. J. & Lans Bovenberg, A., 1998.
"Monetary union without fiscal coordination may discipline policymakers,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 239-258.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1995. "Monetary Union without Fiscal Coordination May Discipline Policymakers," DELTA Working Papers 95-22, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Beetsma Roel M.W.J. & Bovenberg A. Lans, 1995. "Monetary union without fiscal coordination may discipline policymakers," Research Memorandum 024, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1995. "Monetary union without fiscal coordination may discipline policymakers," Discussion Paper 1995-59, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Grafe, Clemens, 2002. "Patching up the Pact: some Suggestions for Enhancing Fiscal Sustainability and Macroeconomic Stability in an Enlarged European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 3496, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco BUTI & Daniele FRANCO & Hedwig ONGENA, 1997.
"Budgeetary Policies during Recessions : Retrospective Application of the Stability and Growth Pact” to the Post-War Period,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
1997041, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- M. Buti & D. Franco & H. Ongena, 1997. "Budgetary Policies during Recessions - Retrospective Application of the "Stability and Growth Pact" to the Post-War Period," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 121, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Coricelli, Fabrizio & Ercolani, Valerio, 2002. "Cyclical and Structural Deficits on the Road to Accession: Fiscal Rules for an Enlarged European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 3672, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Harden, Ian J., 1995.
"Budget processes and commitment to fiscal discipline,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 771-779, April.
- International Monetary Fund, 1996. "Budget Processes and Commitment to Fiscal Discipline," IMF Working Papers 96/78, International Monetary Fund.
- Gleich, Holger, 2003. "Budget institutions and fiscal performance in Central and Eastern European countries," Working Paper Series 215, European Central Bank.
- von Hagen, Jürgen, 1998. "Budgeting institutions for aggregate fiscal discipline," ZEI Working Papers B 01-1998, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann & Jürgen Von Hagen, 1999. "Reforming Budgetary Institutions in Latin America: The Case for a National Fiscal Council," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 415-442, October.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 2002.
"One Money, But Many Fiscal Policies in Europe : What are the Consequences?,"
2002-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2002. "One Money, but Many Fiscal Policies in Europe: What Are the Consequences?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3296, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dixit, Avinash & Lambertini, Luisa, 2003. "Symbiosis of monetary and fiscal policies in a monetary union," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 235-247, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 2005. "Europe, the euro and the ECB: Monetary success, fiscal failure," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 427-439, June.
- Philipp Paulus, 2004. "The fiscal stability impact of monetary unions - looking beneath the Stability Pact debate," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 05/2004, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
- Roel M. W. J. Beetsma & Xavier Debrun, 2005.
"Implementing the Stability and Growth Pact; Enforcement and Procedural Flexibility,"
IMF Working Papers
05/59, International Monetary Fund.
- Beetsma, Roel & Debrun, Xavier, 2005. "Implementing the stability and growth pact: enforcement and procedural flexibility," Working Paper Series 433, European Central Bank.
- Beetsma, Roel & Debrun, Xavier, 2005. "Implementing the Stability and Growth Pact: Enforcement and Procedural Flexibility," CEPR Discussion Papers 5005, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonas Fischer & Lars Jonung & Martin Larch, 2007.
"101 Proposals to reform the Stability and Growth Pact. Why so many? A Survey,"
European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015
267, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Larch, Martin & Jonung, Lars & Fischer, Jonas, 2008. "101 proposals to reform the Stability and Growth Pact. Why so many? A survey," MPRA Paper 20592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bas:econth:y:2012:i:5:p:3-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caio K. Koch-Weser & Dietmar Hornung & Horst Tomann, 2004. "Code of Good Practices on Fiscal Transparency," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 57(18), pages 03-10, September.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2010. "How Asia Can Benefit from the European Experience," Chapters,in: Asian Regionalism in the World Economy, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Campoy Juan Cristóbal & Negrete Juan C., 2010.
"Structural Reforms and Budget Deficits in a Monetary Union: A Strategic Approach,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-31, July.
- Campoy, Juan Cristobal & Negrete, Juan Carlos, 2009. "Structural reforms and budget deficits in a monetary union: a strategic approach," UMUFAE Economics Working Papers 5504, DIGITUM. Universidad de Murcia.
- Beetsma, Roel M.W.J. & Debrun, Xavier, 2007. "The new stability and growth pact: A first assessment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 453-477, February.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2010. "The Breakup of the Euro Area," NBER Chapters,in: Europe and the Euro, pages 11-51 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Niepelt, Dirk, 2004.
"Improving the SGP: Taxes and Delegation Rather than Fines,"
733, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Assar Lindbeck & Dirk Niepelt, 2005. "Improving the SGP: Taxes and Delegation rather than Fines," CESifo Working Paper Series 1389, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Niepelt, Dirk, 2004. "Improving the SGP: Taxes and Delegation rather than Fines," Working Paper Series 633, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- repec:bas:econth:y:2012:i:5:p:30-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mintz, Jack M. & Smart, Michael, 2006. "Incentives for public investment under fiscal rules," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3860, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsCenter for German and European Studies; economy; finance; PEIF; working paper;
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:bineur:qt34p6v7pt. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ies/ .