The “New” Stability and Growth Pact: More Flexible, Less Stupid?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rui Alves & Oscar Afonso, 2007. "The "New" Stability and Growth Pact: More Flexible, Less Stupid?," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 42(4), pages 218-225, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Muscatelli, V. Anton & Tirelli, Patrizio & Trecroci, Carmine, 2004.
"Fiscal and monetary policy interactions: Empirical evidence and optimal policy using a structural New-Keynesian model,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 257-280, June.
- Anton Muscatelli & Patrizio Tirelli & Carmine Trecroci, 2003. "Fiscal and Monetary Policy Interactions: Empirical Evidence and Optimal Policy Using a Structural New Keynesian Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 1060, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marcus Miller & Mark Salmon, 1985. "Policy Coordination and Dynamic Games," NBER Chapters,in: International Economic Policy Coordination, pages 184-227 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandra Casella, 1999.
"Tradable deficit permits:efficient implementation of the Stability Pact in the European Monetary Union,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(29), pages 321-362, October.
- Alessandra Casella, 1999. "Tradable Deficit Permits: Efficient Implementation of the Stability Pacin the European Monetary Union," NBER Working Papers 7278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tabellini, Guido, 1990.
"Domestic politics and the international coordination of fiscal policies,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3-4), pages 245-265, May.
- Tabellini, Guido, 1988. "Domestic Politics and the International Coordination of Fiscal Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 226, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guido Tabellini, 1988. "Domestic Politics and the International Coordination of Fiscal Policies," UCLA Economics Working Papers 529, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 2002.
"One Money, But Many Fiscal Policies in Europe : What are the Consequences?,"
2002-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2002. "One Money, but Many Fiscal Policies in Europe: What Are the Consequences?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3296, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jérôme Creel, 2003.
"Ranking Fiscal Policy Rules: the Golden Rule of Public Finance vs. the Stability and Growth Pact,"
Sciences Po publications
2003-04, Sciences Po.
- Jérôme Creel, 2003. "Ranking Fiscal Policy Rules: the Golden Rule of Public Finance vs. the Stability and Growth Pact," Working Papers hal-00972778, HAL.
- Jerome Creel, 2003. "Ranking Fiscal Policy Rules: the Golden Rule of Public Finance vs. the Stability and Growth Pact," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2003-04, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Marco Buti & Sylvester Eijffinger & Daniele Franco, 2003.
"Revisiting EMU's Stability Pact: A Pragmatic Way Forward,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 100-111.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Buti, M. & Franco, D., 2003. "Revisiting EMU's stability pact : A pragmatic way forward," Other publications TiSEM 2074fa3c-362a-4366-a649-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Buiter, W.H. & Corsetti, G. & Roubini, N., 1992.
"Excessive Deficits: Sense and Nonsence in the Treaty of Maastricht,"
674, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Corsetti, Giancarlo & Roubini, Nouriel, 1992. "`Excessive Deficits': Sense and Nonsense in the Treaty of Maastricht," CEPR Discussion Papers 750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hamada, Koichi, 1976. "A Strategic Analysis of Monetary Interdependence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 677-700, August.
- Buti, M. & Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Franco, D., 2005.
"The Stability pact Pains : A Forward-Looking Assessment of the Reform Debate,"
2005-101, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Buti, Marco & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Franco, Daniele, 2005. "The Stability Pact Pains: A Forward-Looking Assessment of the Reform Debate," CEPR Discussion Papers 5216, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rockett, Katharine E, 1988. "International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination When Policymakers Do Not Agree on the True Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 318-340, June.
- George Kopits & Steven A. Symansky, 1998. "Fiscal Policy Rules," IMF Occasional Papers 162, International Monetary Fund.
- Jurg Niehans, 1968. "Monetary and Fiscal Policies in Open Economies under Fixed Exchange Rates: An Optimizing Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 893-893.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2005. "The 'Sense and Nonsense of Maastricht' Revisited: What Have We Learnt About Stabilization In EMU?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5405, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simon Wren-Lewis, 2003. "Changing the Rules," New Economy, Institute for Public Policy Research, vol. 10(2), pages 73-78, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rui Henrique Alves & Óscar Afonso, 2007. "Fiscal Federalism in the European Union: How Far Are We?," FEP Working Papers 244, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Amy K. Filipek & Till Schreiber, 2010. "The Stability and Growth Pact: Past Performance and Future Reforms," Working Papers 97, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Iulia Andreea Bucur & Simona Elena Dragomirescu, 2013. "An Analysis Of The Fiscal Convergence Criteria In The European Union In Terms Of The Sustainability," Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences, issue 18.
- repec:sgh:gosnar:y:2011:i:1-2:p:19-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stoian, Andreea & Alves, Rui Henrique, 2014. "High public debt in the euro area: still a fact," MPRA Paper 63679, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:sgh:gosnar:y:2008:i:11-12:p:1-20 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEMU; SGP; Fiscal Rules; Fiscal Discipline;
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2006-07-15 (European Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-07-15 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2006-07-15 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .