The Immediate Impact and Persistent Effect of FX Purchases on the Exchange Rate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald B. Rubin, 1977. "Assignment to Treatment Group on the Basis of a Covariate," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Oliver Gloede & Lukas Menkhoff & Lucio Sarno & Tobias Stöhr, 2019.
"When Is Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective? Evidence from 33 Countries,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 132-156, January.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Oliver Goede & Lukas Menkhoff & Lucio Sarno & Tobias Stöhr, 2015. "When Is Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective? Evidence from 33 Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1518, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Gloede, Oliver & Menkhoff, Lukas & Sarno, Lucio & Stï¿½hr, Tobias, 2017. "When is foreign exchange intervention effective? Evidence from 33 countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 12510, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olivier Blanchard & Gustavo Adler & Irineu de Carvalho Filho, 2015.
"Can Foreign Exchange Intervention Stem Exchange Rate Pressures from Global Capital Flow Shocks?,"
NBER Working Papers
21427, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J Blanchard & Gustavo Adler & Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2015. "Can Foreign Exchange Intervention Stem Exchange Rate Pressures from Global Capital Flow Shocks?," IMF Working Papers 15/159, International Monetary Fund.
- Olivier Blanchard & Gustavo Adler & Irineu de Carvalho Filho, 2015. "Can Foreign Exchange Intervention Stem Exchange Rate Pressures from Global Capital Flow Shocks?," Working Paper Series WP15-18, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas & David Perez-Reyna, 2017.
"A Theoretical Approach To Sterilized Foreign Exchange Intervention,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 343-365, February.
- Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas & David Perez-Reyna, 2015. "A Survey on the Effects of Sterilized Foreign Exchange Intervention," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 012424, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas & David Perez-Reyna, 2015. "A Survey on the Effects of Sterilized Foreign Exchange Intervention," Borradores de Economia 862, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Gustavo Adler & Camilo E Tovar Mora, 2011. "Foreign Exchange Intervention; A Shield Against Appreciation Winds?," IMF Working Papers 11/165, International Monetary Fund.
- Kuersteiner, Guido M. & Phillips, David C. & Villamizar-Villegas, Mauricio, 2018.
"Effective sterilized foreign exchange intervention? Evidence from a rule-based policy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 118-138.
- Guido M. Kuersteiner & David C. Phillips & Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas, 2016. "Effective Sterilized Foreign Exchange Intervention? Evidence from a Rule-Based Policy," Borradores de Economia 964, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Adler, Gustavo & Lisack, Noëmie & Mano, Rui C., 2019.
"Unveiling the effects of foreign exchange intervention: A panel approach,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-1.
- Gustavo Adler & Noemie Lisack & Rui Mano, 2015. "Unveiling the Effects of Foreign Exchange Intervention; A Panel Approach," IMF Working Papers 15/130, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michel Strawczynski, 2018. "Book Review: The Israeli Economy By Joseph Zeira," Israel Economic Review, Bank of Israel, vol. 16(1), pages 105-112.
- Boris Hofmann & Hyun Song Shin, 2019.
"FX intervention and domestic credit: Evidence from high-frequency micro data,"
BIS Working Papers
774, Bank for International Settlements.
- Boris Hofmann & Hyun Song Shin & Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas, 2019. "FX intervention and domestic credit: evidence from high-frequency micro data," Borradores de Economia 1069, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Vesna Martin, 2018. "The Exchange Rate Commitment As Additional Instrument Of Monetary Policy In Czech Republic, Switzerland And Israel," Ekonomske ideje i praksa, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, issue 31, pages 41-57, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSterilized FX interventions; high frequency data; impulse response; local projections; potential outcome; Bank of Israel;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2019-01-07 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2019-01-07 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2019-01-07 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boi:wpaper:2018.04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dafna Koby). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boigvil.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.