Measuring the Effects of Federal Reserve Forward Guidance and Asset Purchases on Financial Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Eric Swanson, 2016. "Measuring the Effects of Federal Reserve Forward Guidance and Asset Purchases on Financial Markets," 2016 Meeting Papers 1222, Society for Economic Dynamics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1991. "Panel discussion: price stability ; How should long-term monetary policy be determined?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 625-631.
- Kuttner, Kenneth N., 2001.
"Monetary policy surprises and interest rates: Evidence from the Fed funds futures market,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 523-544, June.
- Kenneth N. Kuttner, 2000. "Monetary policy surprises and interest rates: evidence from the Fed funds futures markets," Staff Reports 99, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jonathan H. Wright, 2011. "What does Monetary Policy do to Long-Term Interest Rates at the Zero Lower Bound?," NBER Working Papers 17154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Refet S Gürkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005.
"Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(1), May.
- Refet Gürkaynak & Brian P. Sack & Eric T. Swanson, 2004. "Do actions speak louder than words? the response of asset prices to monetary policy actions and statements," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-66, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gurkaynak, Refet S & Sack, Brian & Swanson, Eric T, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," MPRA Paper 820, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Refet Gurkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," Macroeconomics 0504013, EconWPA.
- Refet GÃ¼rkaynak & Brian Sack, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words?The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 323, Society for Computational Economics.
- Darrell Duffie, 2010. "Presidential Address: Asset Price Dynamics with Slow-Moving Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(4), pages 1237-1267, August.
- Summers, Lawrence, 1991. "How Should Long-Term Monetary Policy Be Determined? Panel Discussion," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(3), pages 625-631, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michelacci, Claudio & Paciello, Luigi, 2017. "Ambiguous Policy Announcements," CEPR Discussion Papers 11754, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Massimo Ferrari & Jonathan Kearns & Andreas Schrimpf, 2017.
"Monetary policy's rising FX impact in the era of ultra-low rates,"
BIS Working Papers
626, Bank for International Settlements.
- Ferrari, Massimo & Kearns, Jonathan & Schrimpf, Andreas, 2017. "Monetary policy's rising FX impact in the era of ultra-low rates," CEPR Discussion Papers 11918, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- King, Thomas B., 2016. "Expectation and Duration at the Effective Lower Bound," Working Paper Series WP-2016-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Willem THORBECKE, 2017. "The Effect of the Fed's Large-scale Asset Purchases on Inflation Expectations," Discussion papers 17097, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Bubeck, Johannes & Habib, Maurizio Michael & Manganelli, Simone, 2017. "The portfolio of euro area fund investors and ECB monetary policy announcements," Working Paper Series 2116, European Central Bank.
- Christian Bredemeier & Christoph Kaufmann & Andreas Schabert, 2017. "Interest Rate Spreads and Forward Guidance," Working Paper Series in Economics 96, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Lloyd, S. P., 2017.
"Overnight Indexed Swap Market-Based Measures of Monetary Policy Expectations,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1733, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lloyd, Simon, 2018. "Overnight index swap market-based measures of monetary policy expectations," Bank of England working papers 709, Bank of England.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock & Veronica Cacdac Warnock, 2017. "The Effects of U.S. Monetary Policy on Emerging Market Economies' Sovereign and Corporate Bond Markets," NBER Working Papers 23628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:oup:oxford:v:34:y:2018:i:1-2:p:269-286. is not listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin Garcia & Arsenios Skaperdas, "undated". "Inferring the Shadow Rate from Real Activity," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-106, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2017-04-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2017-04-23 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .