Sectoral shocks and monetary policy in the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huw Dixon & Hervé Le Bihan, 2012.
"Generalised Taylor and Generalised Calvo Price and Wage Setting: Micro‐evidence with Macro Implications,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(560), pages 532-554, May.
- Huw D. Dixon & HervÃ© Le Bihan, 2010. "Generalized Taylor and Generalized Calvo Price and Wage-Setting: Micro Evidence with Macro Implications," CESifo Working Paper Series 3119, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dixon, H. & Le Bihan, H., 2011. "Generalized Taylor and Generalized Calvo price and wage-setting: micro evidence with macro implications," Working papers 324, Banque de France.
- Dixon, Huw David & Bihan, Hervé Le, 2011. "Generalized Taylor and Generalized Calvo price and wage-setting: micro evidence with macro implications," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2011/25, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Kara, Engin, 2010. "Optimal monetary policy in the generalized Taylor economy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2023-2037, October.
- Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T., 2000.
"Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-313, October.
- Andrew Levin & Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson, 1999. "Optimal Monetary Policy with Staggered Wage and Price Contracts," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1151, Society for Computational Economics.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson & Andrew T. Levin, 1999. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," International Finance Discussion Papers 640, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jean Boivin & Marc P. Giannoni & Ilian Mihov, 2009.
"Sticky Prices and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Disaggregated US Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 350-384.
- Boivin, Jean & Giannoni, Marc P. & Mihov, Ilian, 2006. "Sticky prices and monetary policy: Evidence from disaggregated US data," CFS Working Paper Series 2007/14, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Boivin, Jean & Giannoni, Marc & Mihov, Ilian, 2007. "Sticky Prices and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Disaggregated US Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 6101, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean Boivin & Marc Giannoni & Ilian Mihov, 2007. "Sticky Prices and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Disaggregated U.S. Data," NBER Working Papers 12824, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Catão, Luis A.V. & Chang, Roberto, 2015. "World food prices and monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 69-88.
- Stefano Eusepi & Bart Hobijn & Andrea Tambalotti, 2011.
"CONDI: A Cost-of-Nominal-Distortions Index,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 53-91, July.
- Stefano Eusepi & Bart Hobijn & Andrea Tambalotti, 2009. "CONDI: a cost-of-nominal-distortions index," Staff Reports 367, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Stefano Eusepi & Bart Hobijn & Andrea Tambalotti, 2009. "CONDI: a cost-of-nominal-distortions index," Working Paper Series 2009-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Mumtaz, Haroon & Zabczyk, Pawel & Ellis, Colin, 2009. "What lies beneath: what can disaggregated data tell us about the behaviour of prices?," Bank of England working papers 364, Bank of England.
- Huw Dixon & Engin Kara, 2010.
"Can We Explain Inflation Persistence in a Way that Is Consistent with the Microevidence on Nominal Rigidity?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(1), pages 151-170, February.
- Dixon, Huw David & Kara, Engin, 2008. "Can we explain inflation persistence in a way that is consistent with the micro-evidence on nominal rigidity?," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2008/22, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Philip Bunn & Colin Ellis, 2012. "Examining The Behaviour Of Individual UK Consumer Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(558), pages 35-55, February.
- Aoki, Kosuke, 2001. "Optimal monetary policy responses to relative-price changes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 55-80, August.
- repec:ecj:econjl:v:122:y:2012:i::p:532-554 is not listed on IDEAS
- Péter Gábriel & Ádám Reiff, 2010. "Price setting in Hungary-a store-level analysis," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(2-3), pages 161-176.
- Millard, Stephen, 2011. "An estimated DSGE model of energy, costs and inflation in the United Kingdom," Bank of England working papers 432, Bank of England.
- Maćkowiak, Bartosz & Moench, Emanuel & Wiederholt, Mirko, 2009.
"Sectoral price data and models of price setting,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(S), pages 78-99.
- Mackowiak, Bartosz Adam & Moench, Emanuel & Wiederholt, Mirko, 2009. "Sectoral Price Data and Models of Price Setting," CEPR Discussion Papers 7339, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mirko Wiederholt & Emanuel Moench & Bartosz Maćkowiak, 2009. "Sectoral Price Data and Models of Price Setting," 2009 Meeting Papers 666, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Jean Boivin & Piotr Eliasz, 2005. "Measuring the Effects of Monetary Policy: A Factor-Augmented Vector Autoregressive (FAVAR) Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(1), pages 387-422.
- Harrison, Richard & Thomas, Ryland & de Weymarn, Iain, 2011. "The impact of permanent energy price shocks on the UK economy," Bank of England working papers 433, Bank of England.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dixon, Huw & Seaton, Jonathan & Waterson, Michael, 2014. "Price Flexibility In British Supermarkets: Moderation And Recession," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1041, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCPI inflation; Sectoral inflation rates; Generalised Taylor economy;
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2014-05-04 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2014-05-04 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2014-05-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:0499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.