Asymmetric shocks in a currency union: The role of central bank collateral policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel Jimenez & Steven Ongena & Jose-Luis Peydro & Jesus Saurina, 2012. "Credit Supply and Monetary Policy: Identifying the Bank Balance-Sheet Channel with Loan Applications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 2301-2326, August.
- Simon Gilchrist & Benoît Mojon, 2014. "Credit Risk in the Euro Area," NBER Working Papers 20041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniele Pianeselli & Andrea Zaghini, 2014. "The cost of firmsï¿½ debt financing and the global financial crisis," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 950, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Benigno, Pierpaolo, 2004. "Optimal monetary policy in a currency area," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 293-320, July.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Ivan Werning, "undated".
"Fiscal Multipliers: Liquidity Traps and Currency Unions,"
78556, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Iván Werning, 2012. "Fiscal Multipliers: Liquidity Traps and Currency Unions," NBER Working Papers 18381, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Itamar Drechsler & Thomas Drechsel & David Marques-Ibanez & Philipp Schnabl, 2016. "Who Borrows from the Lender of Last Resort?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 71(5), pages 1933-1974, October.
- Charles Goodhart, 1999. "Myths About the Lender of Last Resort," FMG Special Papers sp120, Financial Markets Group.
- Del Negro, Marco & Sims, Christopher A., 2015.
"When does a central bank׳s balance sheet require fiscal support?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1-19.
- Christopher Sims & Marco Del Negro, 2014. "When does a central bank's balance sheet require fiscal support?," 2014 Meeting Papers 763, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Del Negro, Marco & Sims, Christopher A., 2014. "When does a central bank’s balance sheet require fiscal support?," Staff Reports 701, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Holmström, Bengt, 2013. "Inside and Outside Liquidity," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262518536, July.
- Viral V. Acharya & Denis Gromb & Tanju Yorulmazer, 2012.
"Imperfect Competition in the Interbank Market for Liquidity as a Rationale for Central Banking,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 184-217, April.
- Acharya, Viral V & Gromb, Denis & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2008. "Imperfect Competition in the Inter-Bank Market for Liquidity as a Rationale for Central Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 6984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pianeselli, Daniele & Zaghini, Andrea, 2014. "The cost of firms’ debt financing and the global financial crisis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 74-83.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koulischer, François & Struyven, Daan, 2014. "Central bank liquidity provision and collateral quality," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 113-130.
- Xavier Freixas & José Jorge, 2008.
"The Role of Interbank Markets in Monetary Policy: A Model with Rationing,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(6), pages 1151-1176, September.
- Xavier Freixas & José Jorge, 2007. "The role of interbank markets in monetary policy: A model with rationing," Economics Working Papers 1027, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2008.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
- Viral V. Acharya & Bruce Tuckman, 2013. "Unintended Consequences of LOLR Facilities: The Case of Illiquid Leverage," NBER Working Papers 19773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Tuckman, Bruce, 2013. "Unintended Consequences of LOLR Facilities: The Case of Illiquid Leverage," CEPR Discussion Papers 9784, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 1997. "The role of banks in monetary policy: a survey with implications for the European Monetary Union," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Sep, pages 2-18.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jakob Korbinian Eberl, 2016. "The Collateral Framework of the Eurosystem and Its Fiscal Implications," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 69, April.
- N. Cassola & F. Koulischer, 2016. "The Collateral Channel of Open Market Operations," Working papers 593, Banque de France.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral banking; currency union; collateral policy; repo; monetary policy.;
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2015-05-30 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2015-05-30 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-05-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-05-30 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2015-05-30 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:banfra:554. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdfgvfr.html .