Breakeven inflation rates and their puzzling correlation relationships
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gilbert Cette & Marielle de Jong, 2013. "Breakeven inflation rates and their puzzling correlation relationships," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(18), pages 2579-2585, June.
- Gilbert Cette & Marielle De Jong, 2013. "Breakeven inflation rates and their puzzling correlation relationships," Post-Print hal-01500867, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pu Shen, 2006. "Liquidity risk premia and breakeven inflation rates," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 29-54.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2008:i:31:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller & Luis M. Viceira, 2009.
"Understanding Inflation-Indexed Bond Markets,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 40(1 (Spring), pages 79-138.
- John Campbell & Robert Shiller & Luis Viceira, 2009. "Understanding Inflation-Indexed Bond Markets," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2587, Yale School of Management.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller & Luis M. Viceira, 2009. "Understanding Inflation-Indexed Bond Markets," NBER Working Papers 15014, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller & Luis M. Viceira, 2009. "Understanding Inflation-Indexed Bond Markets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1696, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Campbell, John Y. & Viceira, Luis Manuel, 2009. "Understanding Inflation-Indexed Bond Markets," Scholarly Articles 10885503, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Peter Hördahl & Oreste Tristani, 2012.
"Inflation Risk Premia In The Term Structure Of Interest Rates,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 634-657, May.
- Peter Hoerdahl & Oreste Tristani, 2007. "Inflation risk premia in the term structure of interest rates," BIS Working Papers 228, Bank for International Settlements.
- Hördahl, Peter & Tristani, Oreste, 2007. "Inflation risk premia in the term structure of interest rates," Working Paper Series 734, European Central Bank.
- Refet S. Gürkaynak & Brian Sack & Jonathan H. Wright, 2010. "The TIPS Yield Curve and Inflation Compensation," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 70-92, January.
- Martin D. D. Evans, 1998. "Real Rates, Expected Inflation, and Inflation Risk Premia," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 187-218, February.
- Agathe Côté & Jocelyn Jacob & John Nelmes & Miles Whittingham, 1996. "Inflation expectations and Real Return Bonds," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 1996(Summer), pages 41-53.
- Hunter, Delroy M. & Simon, David P., 2005. "Are TIPS the "real" deal?: A conditional assessment of their role in a nominal portfolio," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 347-368, February.
- Christensen, Ian & Frédéric Dion & Christopher Reid, 2004. "Real Return Bonds, Inflation Expectations, and the Break-Even Inflation Rate," Staff Working Papers 04-43, Bank of Canada.
- Brian P. Sack & Robert Elsasser, 2004. "Treasury inflation-indexed debt: a review of the U.S. experience," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 47-63.
- Ejsing, Jacob & García, Juan Angel & Werner, Thomas, 2007. "The term structure of euro area break-even inflation rates: the impact of seasonality," Working Paper Series 830, European Central Bank.
- Ben R. Craig, 2003. "Why are TIIS yields so high? The case of the missing inflation-risk premium," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Mar.
- Marielle de Jong & Gilbert Cette, 2008. "The rocky ride of break-even inflation rates," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(31), pages 1-8.
- Arusha Cooray, 2002. "The Fisher Effect: A Review of the Literature," Research Papers 0206, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Robert Shiller, 2003.
"The Invention of Inflation-Indexed Bonds in Early America,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
amz2611, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2004.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2003. "The Invention of Inflation-Indexed Bonds in Early America," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1442, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2003. "The Invention of Inflation-Indexed Bonds in Early America," NBER Working Papers 10183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William R. Emmons, 2000. "The information content of Treasury inflation-indexed securities," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 25-38.
- Geert Bekaert & Xiaozheng Wang, 2010. "Inflation risk and the inflation risk premium," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 25, pages 755-806, October.
More about this item
Keywordsinflation-linked bonds; breakeven inflation; Fisher hypothesis.;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2012-03-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-03-08 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:banfra:367. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdfgvfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.