Capital Destruction, Optimal Defense and Economic Growth
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel Mejía & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2003. "Capital Destruction, Optimal Defense and Economic Growth," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002096, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Armando Montenegro & Carlos Esteban Posada, 1995. "Criminalidad en Colombia," COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, FEDESARROLLO, March.
- Alesina, Alberto & Özler, Sule & Roubini, Nouriel & Swagel, Phillip, 1996.
"Political Instability and Economic Growth,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 189-211, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Sule Ozler & Nouriel Roubini & Phillip Swagel, 1992. "Political Instability and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 4173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Swagel, Phillip & Ozler, Sule & Alesina, Alberto, 1996. "Political Instability and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4553024, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Kim, Minseong, 1996. "Predation and Accumulation," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 333-350, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 2003. "Nothing is Sacred: Economic Ideas for the New Millennium," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262524155.
- Carlos Esteban Posada & Francisco González, 2000. "El gasto en defensa, justicia y seguridad," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 2(2), pages 53-75, January-J.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Tao-Xiong & Hu, An-Gang & Zhou, Bi-Hua, 2011. "Defense Expenditure and Economic Growth under External Predation," MPRA Paper 29286, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hernando Zuleta & Juanita Villaveces, 2008. "Conflict and negotiation: a game theoretical approach," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 005148, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Adriana Camacho & Catherine Rodriguez, 2013. "Firm Exit and Armed Conflict in Colombia," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 57(1), pages 89-116, February.
- Estrada G., Fernando, 2011.
"The logic of the violence in the civil war: The armed conflict in Colombia,"
PERFIL DE COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA,
UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, June.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2011. "The logic of the violence in the civil war: the armed conflict in Colombia," MPRA Paper 29685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2014. "The logic of the violence in the civil war: The armed conflict in Colombia," MPRA Paper 57160, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Julián David Parada, 2008. "Tasa de depreciación endógena y crecimiento económico," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 004594, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Arias Andrés F. & Laura Ardila, 2003. "Military Expenditure and Economic Activity: The Colombian Case," REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, September.
- Adriana Camacho Gonzalez, 2007.
"Stress and birth outcomes evidence from terrorist attacks in Colombia,"
DOCUMENTOS DE ECONOMÍA
003945, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
- Adriana Camacho, 2007. "Stress and birth outcomes: evidence from terrorist attacks in Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 004014, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2011. "Heuristic Schelling: economy of organized crime," MPRA Paper 31306, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital accumulation; deterrence; capital destruction and economic growth.;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2004-02-29 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2004-02-29 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdr:borrec:257. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/brcgvco.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.