The logic of the violence in the civil war: the armed conflict in Colombia
This paper proposes a reading of the armed conflict from an evolutionary design that takes into account the Logic of Violence in the Civil War. Their aim is to assess the dynamics of conflict and changes from its author's scientific output. A context of conflicts that includes new expressions of violence and the relative failure of the paramilitary reintegration involves using new analytical models (argumentation, game theory and inconsistent information). The recent evolution of emerging gangs and their expansion into areas that were paramilitary camps requires monitoring not only of the government and the authorities, but those investigating the conflict in the present tense. The author provides heuristic research support from Schelling’s theory of strategy, Nozick’s agencies and the protection, and Gambetta’s recent contributions to the relationship between organized crime and drug cartels.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angrist, Joshua & Kugler, Adriana, 2007.
"Rural Windfall or a New Resource Curse? Coca, Income, and Civil Conflict in Colombia,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2790, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joshua D. Angrist & Adriana D. Kugler, 2008. "Rural Windfall or a New Resource Curse? Coca, Income, and Civil Conflict in Colombia," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 191-215, May.
- Angrist, Joshua & Kugler, Adriana D., 2005. "Rural Windfall or a New Resource Curse? Coca, Income and Civil Conflict in Colombia," CEPR Discussion Papers 5324, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Adriana Kugler, 2005. "Rural Windfall or a New Resource Curse? Coca, Income, and Civil Conflict in Colombia," NBER Working Papers 11219, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 2004.
"On the Stability of Group Formation: Managing the Conflict Within,"
Conflict Management and Peace Science,
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 21(1), pages 43-68, February.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 2003. "On the Stability of Group Formation: Managing the Conflict Within," Public Economics 0312005, EconWPA, revised 04 Mar 2004.
- Herschel I. Grossman & Daniel Mejia, 2005.
"The War Against Drug Producers,"
NBER Working Papers
11141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 2003.
"Stable Alliance Formation in Distributional Conflict,"
0305001, EconWPA, revised 16 Jun 2003.
- Garfinkel, Michelle R., 2004. "Stable alliance formation in distributional conflict," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 829-852, November.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2005.
"Estado mínimo, agencias de protección y control territorial
[Minimum State, control agencies and Territorial protection]," MPRA Paper 20172, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Jan 2010.
- Daniel Mejía & Carlos Posada, .
"Capital Destruction, Optimal Defense and Economic Growth,"
Borradores de Economia
257, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Daniel Mejía & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2003. "Capital Destruction, Optimal Defense and Economic Growth," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002096, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Ragnar Löfstedt, 2002. "Editorial," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1-2, January.
- R. K. Pachauri & Sujata Gupta, 2002. "Editorial," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2-3), pages 127-128, September.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel & Stergios Skaperdas, 2006.
"Economics of Conflict: An Overview,"
050623, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2006.
- Fernando, Estrada, 2007.
"La información y el rumor en zonas de conflicto
[The information and rumor in zones of conflict]," MPRA Paper 20344, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- R. Purdy, 2002. "Editorial," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-2, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.