Criminalidad, violencia y gasto público en defensa, justicia y seguridad en Colombia
This document describes the evolution of defense, justice and security spending and criminality in Colombia since 1950. It presents some considerations about its efficiency and analyzes some pertinent indicators. Also it proposes some policies that the authors believe are useful to increase efficiency in state activities and organizations that are designed to provide security, defense and justice to citizens. Among them are the improvement of the reward assignation system to private citizens and the reform of codes and penal procedures.
Volume (Year): 3 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (January-June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giha Tobar, Yaneth & Riveros Reyes, Héctor & Soto Velasco, Andrés, 1999. "El gasto militar en Colombia: aspectos macroeconómicos y microeconómicos," Revista CEPAL, United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), December.
- Armando Montenegro & Carlos Esteban Posada, 1995.
"Criminalidad en Colombia,"
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-65, May-June.
- Gaviria, Alejandro, 1998.
"Increasing Returns and the Evolution of Violent Crime: The Case of Columbia,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt6x42726z, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Gaviria, Alejandro, 2000. "Increasing returns and the evolution of violent crime: the case of Colombia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Jorge E.Ramos & Daira P.Garrido, .
"Gasto Estatal y administración de Justicia en Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
045, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jorge E. Ramos F. & Daira P. Garrido T., 1996. "Gasto Estatal Y Administración De Justicia En Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002754, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Carlos Esteban Posada & Francisco González, 2000. "El gasto en defensa, justicia y seguridad," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 2(2), pages 53-75, January-J.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Daniel P. Kessler & Anne Morrison Piehl, 1998.
"What Do Prosecutors Maximize? An Analysis of Drug Offenders and Concurrent Jurisdiction,"
NBER Working Papers
6602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Anne Morrison Peihl, 1998. "What Do Prosecutors Maximize? An Analysis of Drug Offenders and Concurrent Jurisdiction," JCPR Working Papers 29, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Becker, Gary S, 1993. "Nobel Lecture: The Economic Way of Looking at Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 385-409, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:3:y:2001:i:4:p:78-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.