El gasto en defensa, justicia y seguridad
The criminality rate in Colombia (crime/population) grew rapidly between the middle seventies and eighties, since then it had shown a declination, but the country still observes high indices of criminality, mostly in homicides and kidnapping. In a similar way defense, security and justice spending have grown. This paper will present some reasons that explain, from an economic point of view, the growth of these spending, the conditions that make it increase or decrease in an optimal way and which establish a complementary relation (marginal) between the magnitude and the efficiency of these spending.
Volume (Year): 2 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (January-June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas|
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlos Esteban Posada & Armando Montenegro, 1994.
"Criminalidad En Colombia,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002239, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-65, May-June.
- Juan Carlos Echeverry & Zeinab Partow, 2005.
"Why justice is unresponsive to crime: The case of cocaine in Colombia,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003778, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Juán Carlos Echeverry & Zeinab Partow, . "Why Justice is unresponsive to crime: The Case of Cocaine in Colombia," Borradores de Economia 087, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Francisco González & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001. "Criminalidad, violencia y gasto público en defensa, justicia y seguridad en Colombia," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 3(4), pages 78-102, January-J.
- Jorge E. Ramos F. & Daira P. Garrido T., 1996.
"Gasto Estatal Y Administración De Justicia En Colombia,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002754, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Jorge E.Ramos & Daira P.Garrido, . "Gasto Estatal y administración de Justicia en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 045, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Lapan, Harvey E & Sandler, Todd, 1988.
"To Bargain or Not to Bargain: That Is the Question,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 16-21, May.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Sandler, Todd, 1988. "To Bargain or Not to Bargain: That is the Question," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10817, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gaviria, Alejandro, 1998.
"Increasing Returns and the Evolution of Violent Crime: The Case of Columbia,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt6x42726z, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Gaviria, Alejandro, 2000. "Increasing returns and the evolution of violent crime: the case of Colombia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Giha Tobar, Yaneth & Riveros Reyes, Héctor & Soto Velasco, Andrés, 1999. "El gasto militar en Colombia: aspectos macroeconómicos y microeconómicos," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:2:y:2000:i:2:p:53-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.