Military Expenditure and Economic Activity: The Colombian Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Mejía & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2003.
"Capital Destruction, Optimal Defense and Economic Growth,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002096, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Daniel Mejía & Carlos Posada, 2003. "Capital Destruction, Optimal Defense and Economic Growth," Borradores de Economia 257, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Joshua Aizenman & Reuven Glick, 2006.
"Military expenditure, threats, and growth,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 129-155.
- Joshua Aizenman & Reuven Glick, 2003. "Military expenditure, threats, and growth," Working Paper Series 2003-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Joshua Aizenman & Reuven Glick, 2003. "Military Expenditure, Threats, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 9618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Glick, Reuven, 2003. "Military Expenditure, Threats, and Growth," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt41r4105h, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Glick, Reuven, 2003. "Military Expenditure, Threats, and Growth," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt41r4105h, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Michael D. Stroup & Jac C. Heckelman, 2001. "Size Of The Military Sector And Economic Growth: A Panel Data Analysis Of Africa And Latin America," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 4, pages 329-360, November.
- Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke, 1998. "On Economic Causes of Civil War," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 563-573, October.
- Malcolm Knight & Norman Loayza & Delano Villanueva, 1996.
"The Peace Dividend: Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Malcolm D. Knight & Delano Villanueva & Norman Loayza, 1995. "The Peace Dividend; Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 95/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Knight, Malcolm & Loayza, Norman & Villanueva, Delano, 1996. "The peace dividend : military spending cuts and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1577, The World Bank.
- Kosuke Imai & Jeremy M. Weinstein, 2000. "Measuring the Economic Impact of Civil War," CID Working Papers 51, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- repec:fth:oxesaf:95-8 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2005. "Colombia : Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8559, The World Bank.
- Stéphane Auray & Aurélien Eyquem & Frédéric Jouneau-Sion, 2009. "Riots, Battles and Cycles," Cahiers de recherche 09-01, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke, revised 05 Apr 2009.
- Andres F. Arias & Hernan Maldonado, 2004. "FARC Terrorism in Colombia: A Clustering Analysis," INVESTIGACIÓN ECONÓMICA EN COLOMBIA 002715, FUNDACIÓN PONDO.
- Andrés Arias & Hernán Maldonado, 2004. "FARC TERRORISM IN COLOMBIA A Clustering Analysis," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002716, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Andrés Felipe Mora Cortés, 2013. "Conflicto, violencia socioeconómica y desplazamiento forzado en Colombia," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, December.
More about this item
KeywordsReal business cycle; stationary state; military expenditure; crowding-out; productivity shock;
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- N4 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000090:003895. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Universidad De Los Andes-Cede). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.