The schooling response to a sustained increase in low-skill wages: evidence from Spain 1989-2009
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harris Dellas & Plutarchos Sakellaris, 2003.
"On the cyclicality of schooling: theory and evidence,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 55(1), pages 148-172, January.
- Dellas, Harris & Sakellaris, Plutarchos, 1996. "On the cyclicality of schooling: Theory and evidence," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Josep Pijoan-Mas & Virginia Sanchez-Marcos, 2010. "Spain is Different: Falling Trends of Inequality," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 13(1), pages 154-178, January.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Prashant Bharadwaj & Fabian Lange, 2012.
"Changes in the Characteristics of American Youth: Implications for Adult Outcomes,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(4), pages 783-828.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Prashant Bharadwaj & Fabian Lange, 2008. "Changes in the Characteristics of American Youth: Implications for Adult Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 13883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Michael Rothschild, 1993. "Studies of Supply and Demand in Higher Education," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number clot93-1, June.
- Magali Beffy & Denis Fougère & Arnaud Maurel, 2012.
"Choosing the Field of Study in Postsecondary Education: Do Expected Earnings Matter?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 334-347, February.
- Beffy, Magali & Fougère, Denis & Maurel, Arnaud, 2009. "Choosing the Field of Study in Post-Secondary Education: Do Expected Earnings Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 4127, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Magali BEFFY & Denis FOUGERE & Arnaud MAUREL, 2009. "Choosing the Field of Study in Post-Secondary Education : Do Expected Earnings Matter ?," Working Papers 2009-14, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Pedro Carneiro & Sokbae Lee, 2011.
"Trends in Quality-Adjusted Skill Premia in the United States, 1960-2000,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(6), pages 2309-2349, October.
- Pedro Carneiro & Sokbae Lee, 2009. "Trends in quality-adjusted skill premia in the United States, 1960-2000," CeMMAP working papers CWP02/09, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Carneiro, Pedro & Lee, Sokbae, 2010. "Trends in Quality-Adjusted Skill Premia in the United States, 1960-2000," IZA Discussion Papers 5295, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Florentino Felgueroso & Manuel Hidalgo & SergiJiménez Martín, 2010. "Explaining the fall of the skill wage premium in Spain," Working Papers 2010-19, FEDEA.
- Eric D. Gould & Bruce A. Weinberg & David B. Mustard, 2002. "Crime Rates And Local Labor Market Opportunities In The United States: 1979-1997," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 45-61, February.
- Ainhoa Aparicio, 2010.
"High-School Dropouts and Transitory Labor Market Shocks: The Case of the Spanish Housing Boom,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
158, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Aparicio Fenoll, Ainhoa, 2010. "High-School Dropouts and Transitory Labor Market Shocks: The Case of the Spanish Housing Boom," IZA Discussion Papers 5139, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stéphane Bonhomme & Laura Hospido, 2012.
"The cycle of earnings inequality: evidence from Spanish social security data,"
1225, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Bonhomme, Stephane & Hospido, Laura, 2012. "The Cycle of Earnings Inequality: Evidence from Spanish Social Security Data," IZA Discussion Papers 6669, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stéphane Bonhomme & Laura Hospido, 2012. "The Cycle of Earnings Inequality: Evidence from Spanish Social Security Data," Working Papers wp2012_1209, CEMFI.
- Florentino Felgueroso & Maria Gutiérrez-Domènech & Sergi Jiménez-Martín, 2014.
"Dropout trends and educational reforms: the role of the LOGSE in Spain,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Florentino Felgueroso & María Gutiérrez-Domènech & Sergi Jiménez-Martín, 2013. "Dropout Trends and Educational Reforms: The Role of the LOGSE in Spain," Working Papers 2013-04, FEDEA.
- Ignacio García Pérez, J. & Osuna, Victoria, 2014.
"Dual labour markets and the tenure distribution: Reducing severance pay or introducing a single contract,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-13.
- J. Ignacio García Pérez & Victoria Osuna, 2012. "Dual Labour Markets and the Tenure Distribution: Reducing Severance Pay or Introducing a Single Contract?," Working Papers 2012-09, FEDEA.
- Jose Maria Casado, 2012. "Consumption partial insurance of Spanish households," Working Papers 1214, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
More about this item
KeywordsCollective bargaining; human capital;
- J52 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Dispute Resolution: Strikes, Arbitration, and Mediation
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-03-28 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2012-03-28 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2012-03-28 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bde:wpaper:1208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (María Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de España). General contact details of provider: http://www.bde.es/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.