The Availability of Child Care Centers, Perceived Search Costs and Parental Life Satisfaction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chikako Yamauchi, 2010. "The availability of child care centers, perceived search costs and parental life satisfaction," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 231-253, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anu Rammohan & Stephen Whelan, 2007. "The Impact Of Childcare Costs On The Full-Time/Part-Time Employment Decisions Of Australian Mothers," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 152-169, June.
- Greenhut, M L, et al, 1985. "An Anomaly in the Service Industry: The Effect of Entry on Fees," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 169-177, March.
- Berlinski, Samuel & Galiani, Sebastian, 2007.
"The effect of a large expansion of pre-primary school facilities on preschool attendance and maternal employment,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 665-680, June.
- Samuel Berlinski & Sebastian Galiani, 2004. "The effect of a large expansion of pre-primary school facilities on preschool attendance and maternal employment," IFS Working Papers W04/30, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sebastian Galiani & Samuel Berlinski, 2005. "The Effect of a Large Expansion of Pre-Primary School Facilities on Preschool Attendance and Maternal Employment," Working Papers 77, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Aug 2005.
- Patricia M. Anderson & Philip B. Levine, 1999. "Child Care and Mothers' Employment Decisions," NBER Working Papers 7058, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guyonne Kalb & Wang-Sheng Lee, 2008.
"Childcare Use And Parents' Labour Supply In Australia ,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 272-295, September.
- Guyonne Kalb & Wang-Sheng Lee, 2007. "Childcare Use and Parents’ Labour Supply in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n13, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Michael Baker & Jonathan Gruber & Kevin Milligan, 2008.
"Universal Child Care, Maternal Labor Supply, and Family Well-Being,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(4), pages 709-745, August.
- Michael Baker & Jonathan Gruber & Kevin Milligan, 2005. "Universal Childcare, Maternal Labor Supply, and Family Well-Being," NBER Working Papers 11832, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Baker & Jonathan Gruber & Kevin Milligan, 2006. "Universal Childcare, Maternal Labor Supply, and Family Well-Being," Working Papers id:547, eSocialSciences.
- Jonah B. Gelbach, 2002. "Public Schooling for Young Children and Maternal Labor Supply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 307-322, March.
- Curtis Eaton, B. & Lipsey, Richard G., 1989. "Product differentiation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 723-768 Elsevier.
- David Blau, 2003. "Child Care Subsidy Programs," NBER Chapters,in: Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, pages 443-516 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis Teal, 1992. "The Use and Cost of Child Care in Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 25(1), pages 3-14.
- Naci Mocan, 2007. "Can consumers detect lemons? An empirical analysis of information asymmetry in the market for child care," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 743-780, October.
- Daniela Del Boca & Daniela Vuri, 2007.
"The mismatch between employment and child care in Italy: the impact of rationing,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 805-832, October.
- Daniela Del Boca & Daniela Vuri, 2006. "The Mismatch between Employment and Child Care in Italy: the Impact of Rationing," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 31, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Daniela Del Boca & Daniela Vuri, 2006. "The Mismatch between Employment and Child Care in Italy: the Impact of Rationing," CHILD Working Papers wp08_06, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Blau, David M, 1993. "The Supply of Child Care Labor," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(2), pages 324-347, April.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Amy Liu & Deborah Mitchell, 1999. "Reassessing the Role of Child Care Costs in the Work and Care Decisions of Australian Families," CEPR Discussion Papers 409, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Loeb, Susanna & Bridges, Margaret & Bassok, Daphna & Fuller, Bruce & Rumberger, Russell W., 2007.
"How much is too much? The influence of preschool centers on children's social and cognitive development,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 52-66, February.
- Susanna Loeb & Margaret Bridges & Bruce Fuller & Russ Rumberger & Daphna Bassok, 2005. "How Much is Too Much? The Influence of Preschool Centers on Children's Social and Cognitive Development," NBER Working Papers 11812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rammohan, Anu, 2004. "Child care and female employment decisions: A theoretical note," Working Papers 3, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Denise Doiron & Guyonne Kalb, 2005.
"Demands for Child Care and Household Labour Supply in Australia,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(254), pages 215-236, September.
- Denise Doiron & Guyonne Kalb, 2004. "Demands for Childcare and Household Labour Supply in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2004n06, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- John G. Lynch , Jr. & Dan Ariely, 2000. "Wine Online: Search Costs Affect Competition on Price, Quality, and Distribution," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(1), pages 83-103, April.
- Rebecca Cassells & Justine McNamara & Rachel Lloyd & Ann Harding, 2007. "Child Care Affordability and Availability," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 123-139.
- Stephen Whelan & Anu Rammohan, 2005. "Child Care and Female Decisions," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 8(2), pages 203-225, June.
- Silvia Pezzini, 2005. "The Effect of Women's Rights on Women's Welfare: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(502), pages 208-227, March.
- Elizabeth Cascio, 2006. "Public Preschool and Maternal Labor Supply: Evidence from the Introduction of Kindergartens into American Public Schools," NBER Working Papers 12179, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siv Gustafsson & Frank Stafford, 1992. "Child Care Subsidies and Labor Supply in Sweden," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 204-230.
- Blau, David & Currie, Janet, 2006.
"Pre-School, Day Care, and After-School Care: Who's Minding the Kids?,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- David Blau & Janet Currie, 2004. "Preschool, Day Care, and Afterschool Care: Who's Minding the Kids?," NBER Working Papers 10670, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Walker, 1992. "New Evidence on the Supply of Child Care: A Statistical Portrait of Family Providers and an Analysis of Their Fees," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 40-69.
- David M. Blau, 1997. "The Production of Quality in Child Care Centers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(2), pages 354-387.
- Mark A. Satterthwaite, 1979. "Consumer Information, Equilibrium Industry Price, and the Number of Sellers," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 483-502, Autumn.
- Susanna Loeb & Bruce Fuller & Sharon Lynn Kagan & Bidemi Carrol & Judith Carroll, 2003. "Child Care in Poor Communities: Early Learning Effects of Type, Quality, and Stability," NBER Working Papers 9954, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davis, Elizabeth E. & Lee, Won Fy & Sojourner, Aaron J., 2018. "Family-Centered Measures of Access to Early Care and Education," IZA Discussion Papers 11396, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pia S. Schober & Christian Schmitt, 2013. "Day-Care Expansion and Parental Subjective Well-Being: Evidence from Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 602, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:13:y:2015:i:1:p:19160201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Hagstrom & Stephen Wu, 2016. "Are pregnant women happier? Racial and ethnic differences in the relationship between pregnancy and life satisfaction in the United States," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 507-527, September.
- Marie Connolly & Catherine Haeck, 2015. "Are Childcare Subsidies Good for Parental Well-being? Empirical Evidence from Three Countries," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(1), pages 09-15, 04.
More about this item
Keywordschild care; entry; search; consumers’ surplus; life satisfaction;
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:auu:dpaper:620. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cpanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.