Valuing environmental assets on rural lifestyle properties
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Polyakov, Maksym & Pannell, David J. & Pandit, Ram & Tapsuwan, Sorada & Park, Geoff, 2013. "Valuing Environmental Assets on Rural Lifestyle Properties," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 42(1), April.
- Polyakov, Maksym & Pannell, David J. & Pandit, Ram & Tapsuwan, Sorada & Park, Geoff, 2013. "Valuing Environmental Assets on Rural Lifestyle Properties," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 159-175, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vincent E. Breneman & Richard F. Nehring, 2006. "Urban Sprawl and Farmland Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), pages 915-929.
- David L. Chicoine, 1981. "Farmland Values at the Urban Fringe: An Analysis of Sale Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 353-362.
- Nicholas Gill & Peter Klepeis & Laurie Chisholm, 2010. "Stewardship among lifestyle oriented rural landowners," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(3), pages 317-334.
- Polyakov, Maksym & Pannell, David J. & Rowles, Alexei & Park, Geoff & Roberts, Anna M., 2011. "Optimising the spatial pattern of landscape revegetation," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100697, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Pannell, David J. & Wilkinson, Roger, 2009. "Policy mechanism choice for environmental management by non-commercial "lifestyle" rural landholders," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2679-2687, August.
- Geoffrey H. Donovan & Patricia A. Champ & David T. Butry, 2007. "Wildfire Risk and Housing Prices: A Case Study from Colorado Springs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 83(2), pages 217-233.
- Bastian, Chris T. & McLeod, Donald M. & Germino, Matthew J. & Reiners, William A. & Blasko, Benedict J., 2002. "Environmental amenities and agricultural land values: a hedonic model using geographic information systems data," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 337-349, March.
- Torell, L. Allen & Rimbey, Neil R. & Ramirez, Octavio A. & McCollum, Daniel W., 2005. "Income Earning Potential versus Consumptive Amenities in Determining Ranchland Values," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(03), December.
- Polyakov, Maksym & Zhang, Daowei, 2008. "Population Growth and Land Use Dynamics along Urbanâ€“Rural Gradient," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(02), August.
- Piras, Gianfranco, 2010. "sphet: Spatial Models with Heteroskedastic Innovations in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 35(i01).
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2010.
"Specification and estimation of spatial autoregressive models with autoregressive and heteroskedastic disturbances,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 53-67, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2008. "Specification and Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models with Autoregressive and Heteroskedastic Disturbances," CESifo Working Paper Series 2448, CESifo Group Munich.
- Elena G. Irwin, 2002. "The Effects of Open Space on Residential Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 465-480.
- David J. Pannell, 2008. "Public Benefits, Private Benefits, and Policy Mechanism Choice for Land-Use Change for Environmental Benefits," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(2), pages 225-240.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Sengupta, Sanchita & Osgood, Daniel Edward, 2003. "The value of remoteness: a hedonic estimation of ranchette prices," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 91-103, February.
- David Maddison, 2009. "A Spatio-temporal Model of Farmland Values," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 171-189.
- Yong Tu & Hua Sun & Shi-Ming Yu, 2007. "Spatial Autocorrelations and Urban Housing Market Segmentation," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 385-406, April.
- Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Wainger, Lisa A. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 1997. "Spatial landscape indices in a hedonic framework: an ecological economics analysis using GIS," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 251-264, December.
- Maksym Polyakov & Daowei Zhang, 2008. "Property Tax Policy and Land-Use Change," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(3), pages 396-408.
- Elena G. Irwin & Andrew M. Isserman & Maureen Kilkenny & Mark D. Partridge, 2010. "A Century of Research on Rural Development and Regional Issues," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(2), pages 522-553.
- Ma, Shan & Swinton, Scott M., 2011. "Valuation of ecosystem services from rural landscapes using agricultural land prices," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(9), pages 1649-1659, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Polyakov, Maksym & Pannell, David J., 2014. "Accounting for private benefits in ecological restoration planning," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169823, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:209-217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bauer, Dana Marie & Johnston, Robert J., 2013. "Foreword: The Economics of Rural and Agricultural Ecosystem Services: Purism versus Practicality," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 42(1), April.
- Zhang, Fan & Polyakov, Maksym & Fogarty, James & Pannell, David, 2016. "The Capitalized Value of Rainwater Tanks in the Property Market of Perth, Australia," Working Papers 246968, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
More about this item
Keywordslifestyle landowners; remnant vegetation; amenity values; spatial hedonic model; Victoria; Environmental Economics and Policy; Land Economics/Use; Q57; Q15;
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-07-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2012-07-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2012-07-23 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uwauwp:126941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aruwaau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.