Baby Boom Migration and Its Impact on Rural America
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Ferguson & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert & Mark Partridge, 2007. "Voting with Their Feet: Jobs versus Amenities," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 77-110.
- Karl Taeuber, 1966. "Cohort migration," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 3(2), pages 416-422, June.
- Beale, Calvin L., 2004. "Nonmetro Counties Vary by Urban Size and Metro Proximity," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, November.
- Kenneth Johnson & Paul Voss & Roger Hammer & Glenn Fuguitt & Scott Mcniven, 2005. "Temporal and spatial variation in age-specific net migration in the United States," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(4), pages 791-812, November.
- McGranahan, David A., 1999. "Natural Amenities Drive Rural Population Change," Agricultural Economics Reports 33955, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tierney, Sean, 2011. "The rural utility response to Colorado’s electricity mandates," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7217-7223.
- Kenneth M. Johnson & Richelle L. Winkler, 2015. "Migration signatures across the decades," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 32(38), pages 1065-1080, May.
- Lawson, Megan M. & Rasker, Ray & Gude, Patricia H., 2014. "The Importance of Non-labor Income: An Analysis of Socioeconomic Performance in Western Counties by Type of Non-labor Income," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 44(2).
- Israel Schwarzlose, Alicia A. & Mjelde, James W. & Dudensing, Rebekka M. & Jin, Yanhong & Cherrington, Linda K. & Chen, Junyi, 2014. "Willingness to pay for public transportation options for improving the quality of life of the rural elderly," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-14.
- Richelle L. Winkler & Kenneth M. Johnson, 2016. "Moving Toward Integration? Effects of Migration on Ethnoracial Segregation Across the Rural-Urban Continuum," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(4), pages 1027-1049, August.
- Pender, John L. & Marre, Alexander W. & Reeder, Richard J., 2012. "Rural Wealth Creation Concepts, Strategies, and Measures," Economic Research Report 121860, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Israel, Alicia & Mjelde, James W. & Dudensing, Rebekka M. & Cherrington, Linda & Jin, Yanhong H. & Chen, Junyi, 2012. "The Value of Transportation for Improving the Quality of Life of the Rural Elderly," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119667, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Cheryl Burkhart-Kriesel & Randolph Cantrell & Nancy Hodur & Charlotte Narjes & Rebecca Vogt, 2014. "Marketing rural communities: a qualitative study on the power of community images," Community Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 180-193, May.
More about this item
KeywordsBaby boomers; migration; rural development; life-cycle migration; population projections.; Agricultural and Food Policy; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Institutional and Behavioral Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersrr:55947. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .