The Impact Of Bse On Japanese Retail Beef Market
To assess the impact of BSE in Japan, a Japanese meat demand system is estimated as a gradual switching Rotterdam model. The results, based on data from April 1994 to May 2002, suggest the structural transition took five months from its discovery. The scare affected both domestic and imported beef.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Wahl, Thomas I. & Williams, Gary W., 1990.
"Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand,"
Staff General Research Papers
10940, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dermot J. Hayes & Thomas I. Wahl & Gary W. Williams, 1990. "Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(3), pages 556-566.
- Lloyd, Tim & McCorriston, S. & Morgan, C. W. & Rayner, A. J., 2001. "The impact of food scares on price adjustment in the UK beef market," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 347-357, September.
- Aaron J. Johnson & Catherine A. Durham & Cathy R. Wessells, 1998. "Seasonality in Japanese household demand for meat and seafood," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 337-351.
- M.-J.J. Mangen & A.M. Burrell, 2001. "Decomposing Preference Shifts for Meat and Fish in the Netherlands," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 16-28.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Meilke, Karl D., 1989.
"Modeling the Pattern of Structural Change in U.S. Meat Demand,"
Staff General Research Papers
11266, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Giancarlo Moschini & Karl D. Meilke, 1989. "Modeling the Pattern of Structural Change in U.S. Meat Demand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 253-261.
- Ohtani, Kazuhiro & Katayama, Sei-ichi, 1986. "A gradual switching regression model with autocorrelated errors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 169-172.
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Tsai, Reyfong & Kirby, Raymond & Williams, Gary W., 1994. "A Comparison Of Demands For Meat Products In The Pacific Rim Region," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Comeau, Allison & Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Wahl, Thomas I., 1997. "Assessing The Effectiveness Of Mpp And Tea Advertising And Promotion Efforts In The Japanese Market For Meats," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 28(2), July.
- Eales, James S. & Roheim, Cathy A., 1999. "Testing Separability Of Japanese Demand For Meat And Fish Within Differential Demand Systems," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(01), July.
- Xu, Xiaosong & Veeman, Michele, 1996. "Model Choice and Structural Specification for Canadian Meat Consumption," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 301-15.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeatm:35233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.