Measuring the Impacts of US Export Promotion Program for Wheat in Selected Importing Regions
We examine the impacts of major factors affecting the export demand of wheat with a special focus on the impacts of export promotion programs on US wheat. Study results show negative impacts of own-price and real exchange rate on export demand of wheat, while the real GDP, price of corn, and export promotion expenditure had positive and significant impacts. The per dollar returns to wheat export promotion expenditures were $1.49, $0.42, and $2.01 for Middle East, Pacific Rim, and Mexico, respectively.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- I.M. Onunkwo & J.E. Epperson, 2000. "Export demand for U.S. pecans: Impacts of U.S. export promotion programs," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 253-265.
- Nancy D. Ruggles, 1974. "The Role Of The Computer In Economic And Social Research in Latin America," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number rugg74-1.
- Onunkwo, Izuchukwu M. & Epperson, James E., 2000. "Export Demand For U.S. Walnuts: Impacts Of U.S. Export Promotion Programs," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 31(03), November.
- C. P. Rosson & M. D. Hammig & J. W. Jones, 1986. "Foreign market promotion programs: An analysis of promotion response for apples, poultry, and tobacco," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 33-42.
- Solomon, H. & Kinnucan, Henry W., 1993.
"Effects Of Non-Price Export Promotion: Some Evidence For Cotton,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(01), April.
- H. Solomon & Henry W. Kinnucan, 1993. "Effects Of Non‐Price Export Promotion: Some Evidence For Cotton," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(1), pages 1-15, 04.
- Onunkwo, Izuchukwu M. & Epperson, James E., 1999. "Export Demand For U.S. Pecans: Impacts Of U.S. Export Promotion," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21686, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Arnade, Carlos Anthony & Davison, Cecil W., 1989. "Testing For Aggregation And Simultaneous Bias In U.S. Soybean Export Equations," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeatm:35161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.