The effect of opportunistic behavior on trust: An experimental approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Klein, Benjamin, 1996. "Why Hold-Ups Occur: The Self-Enforcing Range of Contractual Relationships," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 444-463, July.
- Siziba, Shephard & Bulte, Erwin, 2012. "Does market participation promote generalized trust? Experimental evidence from Southern Africa," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 156-160.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Bachke, Maren E. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Michelson, Hope C. & Narayanan, Sudha & Walker, Thomas F., 2012. "Smallholder Participation in Contract Farming: Comparative Evidence from Five Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 715-730.
- Gow, Hamish R & Swinnen, Johan F M, 1998.
"Up- and Downstream Restructuring, Foreign Direct Investment, and Hold-Up Problems in Agricultural Transition,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 331-350.
- Gow, Hamish R. & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 1998. "Up- And Downstream Restructuring, Foreign Direct Investment, And Hold- Up Problems In Agricultural Transition," PRG Working Papers 31867, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Nancy Buchan & Rachel Croson, 1999. "Gender and Culture: International Experimental Evidence from Trust Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 386-391, May.
- Frijters, Paul & Kong, Tao Sherry & Liu, Elaine M., 2015.
"Who is coming to the artefactual field experiment? Participation bias among Chinese rural migrants,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 62-74.
- Paul Frijters & Tao Sherry Kong & Elaine M. Liu, 2015. "Who Is Coming to the Artefactual Field Experiment? Participation Bias among Chinese Rural Migrants," NBER Working Papers 20953, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frijters, Paul & Kong, Tao Sherry & Liu, Elaine M., 2015. "Who Is Coming to the Artefactual Field Experiment? Participation Bias among Chinese Rural Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 8843, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Niclas Berggren & Henrik Jordahl, 2006.
"Free to Trust: Economic Freedom and Social Capital,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 141-169, May.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik, 2005. "Free to Trust? Economic Freedom and Social Capital," Ratio Working Papers 64, The Ratio Institute.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik, 2005. "Free to Trust? Economic Freedom and Social Capital," Working Paper Series 2005:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Azeta Cungu & Hamish Gow & Johan F. M. Swinnen & Liesbet Vranken, 2008. "Investment with weak contract enforcement: evidence from Hungary during transition," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(1), pages 75-91, March.
- Buchan, Nancy R. & Croson, Rachel T.A. & Solnick, Sara, 2008. "Trust and gender: An examination of behavior and beliefs in the Investment Game," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 466-476, December.
- Fischer, Justina A.V., 2008. "Is competition good for trust? Cross-country evidence using micro-data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 56-59, July.
- Torero, Maximo & Viceisza, Angelino C.G., 2016.
"Potential collusion and trust: Evidence from a field experiment in Vietnam,"
African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(1), pages 1-11.
- Torero, Maximo & Viceisza, Angelino, 2011. "Potential collusion and trust: Evidence from a field experiment in Vietnam," IFPRI discussion papers 1100, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsInstitutional and Behavioral Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-07-18 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CBE-2015-07-18 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CTA-2015-07-18 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EXP-2015-07-18 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2015-07-18 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gagfdp:206382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iagoede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.