Determinants of the Public Debt and the Role of the Natural Resources: a Cross-Country Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Elkhan Sadik-Zada, Andrea Gatto & Andrea Gatto, 2019. "Determinants of the Public Debt and the Role of the Natural Resources: A Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers 2019.04, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paulina Restrepo-Echavarria & Enrique Mendoza & Franz Hamann, 2016. "Commodity Prices and Sovereign Default: A New Perspective on The Harberger-Laursen-Metzler Effect," 2016 Meeting Papers 806, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- J. Paul Dunne a,† & Sam Perlo-Freeman ‡ & Aylin Soydan §, 2004. "Military expenditure and debt in South America," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 173-187, April.
- Mohaddes, Kamiar & Raissi, Mehdi, 2017.
"Do sovereign wealth funds dampen the negative effects of commodity price volatility?,"
Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 8(C), pages 18-27.
- Kamiar Mohaddes & Mehdi Raissi, 2017. "Do sovereign wealth funds dampen the negative effects of commodity price volatility?," CAMA Working Papers 2017-11, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Kamiar Mohaddes & Mehdi Raissi, 2017. "Do Sovereign Wealth Funds Dampen the Negative Effects of Commodity Price Volatility?," Working Papers 1106, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Aug 2000.
- Kamiar Mohaddes & Mehdi Raissi, 2017. "Do Sovereign Wealth Funds Dampen the Negative Effects of Commodity Price Volatility?," Globalization Institute Working Papers 304, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Feb 2017.
- Mohaddes, K. & Raissi, M., 2017. "Do Sovereign Wealth Funds Dampen the Negative Effects of Commodity Price Volatility?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Neck, Reinhard & Getzner, Michael, 2001. "Politico-Economic Determinants of Public Debt Growth: A Case Study for Austria," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 109(3-4), pages 243-268, December.
- Dany Jaimovich & Ugo Panizza, 2010.
"Public debt around the world: a new data set of central government debt,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 19-24, January.
- Dany Jaimovich & Ugo Panizza, 2006. "Public Debt around the World: A New Dataset of Central Government Debt," Research Department Publications 4461, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jaimovich, Dany & Panizza, Ugo, 2011. "Public Debt around the World: A New Dataset of Central Government Debt," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1580, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Easterly, William, 1991. "The macroeconomics of the public sector deficit : the case of Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 626, The World Bank.
- Easterly, William & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1991. "The macroeconomics of public sector deficits : a synthesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 775, The World Bank.
- Sachs, J-D & Warner, A-M, 1995. "Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth," Papers 517a, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Elva Bova & Nathalie Carcenac & Martine Guerguil, 2014. "Fiscal Rules and the Procyclicality of Fiscal Policy in the Developing World," IMF Working Papers 14/122, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Overton & Julius A. Nukpezah & Orkhan Ismayilov, 2017. "Prepayments, late payments, and sales tax revenue volatility in Texas cities," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 469-476, November.
- Bender, Dieter & Löwenstein, Wilhelm, 2014. "Immiserizing Capital Flows to Developing Countries," IEE Working Papers 201, Ruhr University Bochum, Institute of Development Research and Development Policy (IEE).
- Dani Rodrik, 2008. "The Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(2 (Fall)), pages 365-439.
- Selami Sezgin, 2004. "An empirical note on external debt and defence expenditures in Turkey," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 199-203, April.
- Morande, Felipe & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1991. "Macroeconomics of public sector deficits : the case of Zimbabwe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 688, The World Bank.
- Giovanna Bua & Juan Pradelli & Andrea Filippo Presbitero, 2013.
"Domestic public debt in low-income countries: trends and structure,"
Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers
85, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Bua, Giovanna & Pradelli, Juan & Presbitero, Andrea F., 2014. "Domestic public debt in low-income countries : trends and structure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6777, The World Bank.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Marshall, Jorge, 1991. "Macroeconomics of public sector deficits : the case of Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 696, The World Bank.
- Melina, Giovanni & Yang, Shu-Chun S. & Zanna, Luis-Felipe, 2016. "Debt sustainability, public investment, and natural resources in developing countries: The DIGNAR model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 630-649.
- Andrea F. Presbitero, 2012. "Domestic debt in Low-Income Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1099-1112.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agnieszka Kozera & Aldona Standar & Łukasz Satoła, 2020. "Managing Rural Areas in the Context of the Growing Debt of Polish Local Government Units," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-25, August.
More about this item
KeywordsResearch Methods/ Statistical Methods;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2019-04-08 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:feemth:285026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.