Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth
One of the surprising features of modern economic growth is that economies with abundant natural resources have tended to grow less rapidly than natural-resource-scarce economies. In this paper we show that economies with a high ratio of natural resource exports to GDP in 1971 tended have low growth rate during the subsequent period 1971-1989.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.hiid.harvard.edu/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew M. Warner, 1995.
"Economic Convergence and Economic Policies,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1715, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew M. Warner, 1995. "Economic Convergence and Economic Policies," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0035, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew M. Warner, 1995. "Economic Convergence and Economic Policies," NBER Working Papers 5039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Warner, Andrew M., 1994. "Mexico's investment collapse: debt or oil?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 239-256, April.
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Прокляття ресурсів in Wikipedia Ukranian ne '')
- Проклятие ресурсов in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- 資源の呪い in Wikipedia Japanese ne '')
- Kutukan sumber daya in Wikipedia Indonesian ne '')
- Armut in Wikipedia German ne '')
- Ресурстар қарғысы in Wikipedia Kazakh ne '')
- Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth (NBER 1995) in ReplicationWiki
- Resource curse in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Ressourcenfluch in Wikipedia German ne '')
- Maledizione delle risorse in Wikipedia Italian ne '')
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:harvid:517a. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.