Public debt around the world: a new data set of central government debt
Commonly used data sets on the level of public debt provide incomplete country and period coverage. This article presents a new data set that includes complete series of central government debt for 89 countries over the period 1991 to 2005 and for 7 other countries for the period 1993 to 2005.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 17 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Campos, Camila F.S. & Jaimovich, Dany & Panizza, Ugo, 2006.
"The unexplained part of public debt,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 228-243, September.
- Dany Jaimovich & Ugo Panizza & Camil F.S. Campos, 2006. "The Unexplained Part of Public Debt," Research Department Publications 4449, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Dany Jaimovich & Ugo Panizza & Camil F.S. Campos, 2006. "The Unexplained Part of Public Debt," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6705, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Martner Fanta, Ricardo & Tromben, Varinia, 2004. "Public debt sustainability," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Anastasia Guscina & Olivier D Jeanne, 2006. "Government Debt in Emerging Market Countries; A New Data Set," IMF Working Papers 06/98, . Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:17:y:2010:i:1:p:19-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.