Military Expenditure and Debt in South America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Brzoska, 1983. "Research Communication: The Military Related External Debt of Third World Countries," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 20(3), pages 271-277, September.
- J. Paul Dunne † & Sam Perlo-Freeman ‡ & Aylin Soydan §, 2004.
"Military expenditure and debt in small industrialised economies: A panel analysis,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 125-132, April.
- J Paul Dunne & Sam Perlo-Freeman & Aylin Soydan, 2003. "Military Expenditure and Debt in Small Industrialised Economies: A Panel Analysis," Working Papers 0306, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Fischer, Stanley & Easterly, William, 1990. "The Economic of the Government Budget Constraint," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 5(2), pages 127-142, July.
- Milman, Claudio D., 1998. "The Latin American foreign debt revisited," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 173-180.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilal Mehmood & Syed Hassan Raza & Rizwan Baqar, 2015. "Defence, Debt and Democracy: The 3D in South Asia," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(7), pages 312-319, July.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Muhammad shahbaz Shabbir & Muhammad sabihuddin Butt, 2016.
"Does Military Spending Explode External Debt in Pakistan?,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(5), pages 718-741, September.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shabbir, Shahbaz Muhammad & Butt, Muhammad Sabihuddin, 2011. "Does Military Spending Explode External Debt in Pakistan?," MPRA Paper 30429, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Apr 2011.
- Erdal Karagol & Selami Sezgin, 2004. "DO defence expenditures increase debt rescheduling in Turkey? probit model approach," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 471-480.
- Stylianou Tasos, 2012. "Economic Growth and Defense Spending in Greece, Turkey and Cyprus: Evidence from Cointegrated Panel Analysis," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 15(44), pages 163-182, June.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2007. "The Military Expenditure-External Debt Nexus: New Evidence From A Panel Of Middle Eastern Countries," Monash Economics Working Papers 17-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Serkan Künü & Sertaç Hopoðlu & Gürkan Bozma, 2016. "Conflict, Defense Spending and Economic Growth in the Middle East: A Panel Data Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 80-86.
- Yemane Wolde-Rufael, 2009. "The Defence Spending-External Debt Nexus In Ethiopia," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 423-436, October.
- Zhang, Xiaoyan & Chang, Tsangyao & Su, Chi-Wei & Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2016. "Revisit causal nexus between military spending and debt: A panel causality test," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 939-944.
- Khalid ZAMAN & Qazi Shujaat MAHMOOD & Muhammad Mushtaq KHAN & Awais RASHID & Mehboob AHMAD, 2012. "An Empirical Investigation of External Debt - Military Expenditure Nexus in Bangladesh," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(1), pages 173-188, June.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:51:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0360-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spd:journl:v:67:y:2017:i:2:p:85-100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Dunne & Duncan Watson, 2005. "Manufacturing Growth, Technological Progress, and Military Expenditure," Working Papers 0511, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Joanne Evans & Eleftherios Goulas & Paul Levine, 2007. "Military Expenditure And Migration In Europe," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 305-316.
- Muhanji, Stella & Ojah, Kalu, 2016. "Governance infrastructure and indebtedness of African countries: Do regional blocs matter?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 123-153.
- W. Robert J. Alexander, 2013. "The Defence-Debt Nexus: Evidence From The High-Income Members Of Nato," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 133-145, April.
More about this item
KeywordsMilitary spending; external debt; South America.;
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwe:wpaper:0307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felix Ritchie). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seuweuk.html .