Military expenditure and debt in South America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Ball, Nicole, 1984. "Measuring third world security expenditure: A research note," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 157-164, February.
- Michael Brzoska, 1983. "Research Communication: The Military Related External Debt of Third World Countries," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 20(3), pages 271-277, September.
- J. Paul Dunne † & Sam Perlo-Freeman ‡ & Aylin Soydan §, 2004.
"Military expenditure and debt in small industrialised economies: A panel analysis,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 125-132, April.
- J Paul Dunne & Sam Perlo-Freeman & Aylin Soydan, 2003. "Military Expenditure and Debt in Small Industrialised Economies: A Panel Analysis," Working Papers 0306, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Paul Dunne & Sam Perlo-Freeman, 2003. "The Demand for Military Spending in Developing Countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 23-48.
- Fischer, Stanley & Easterly, William, 1990. "The Economic of the Government Budget Constraint," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 5(2), pages 127-142, July.
- Milman, Claudio D., 1998. "The Latin American foreign debt revisited," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 173-180.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilal Mehmood & Syed Hassan Raza & Rizwan Baqar, 2015. "Defence, Debt and Democracy: The 3D in South Asia," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(7), pages 312-319, July.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Muhammad shahbaz Shabbir & Muhammad sabihuddin Butt, 2016.
"Does Military Spending Explode External Debt in Pakistan?,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(5), pages 718-741, September.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shabbir, Shahbaz Muhammad & Butt, Muhammad Sabihuddin, 2011. "Does Military Spending Explode External Debt in Pakistan?," MPRA Paper 30429, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Apr 2011.
- Erdal Karagol & Selami Sezgin, 2004. "DO defence expenditures increase debt rescheduling in Turkey? probit model approach," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 471-480.
- Stylianou Tasos, 2012. "Economic Growth and Defense Spending in Greece, Turkey and Cyprus: Evidence from Cointegrated Panel Analysis," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 15(44), pages 163-182, June.
- repec:agr:journl:v:2(615):y:2018:i:2(615):p:205-220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2007. "The Military Expenditure-External Debt Nexus: New Evidence From A Panel Of Middle Eastern Countries," Monash Economics Working Papers 17-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- repec:agr:journl:v:1(614):y:2018:i:1(614):p:183-192 is not listed on IDEAS
- Serkan Künü & Sertaç Hopoðlu & Gürkan Bozma, 2016. "Conflict, Defense Spending and Economic Growth in the Middle East: A Panel Data Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 80-86.
- Yemane Wolde-Rufael, 2009. "The Defence Spending-External Debt Nexus In Ethiopia," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 423-436, October.
- Zhang, Xiaoyan & Chang, Tsangyao & Su, Chi-Wei & Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2016. "Revisit causal nexus between military spending and debt: A panel causality test," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 939-944.
- Khalid ZAMAN & Qazi Shujaat MAHMOOD & Muhammad Mushtaq KHAN & Awais RASHID & Mehboob AHMAD, 2012. "An Empirical Investigation of External Debt - Military Expenditure Nexus in Bangladesh," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(1), pages 173-188, June.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:51:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0360-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spd:journl:v:67:y:2017:i:2:p:85-100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Dunne & Duncan Watson, 2005. "Manufacturing Growth, Technological Progress, and Military Expenditure," Working Papers 0511, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Joanne Evans & Eleftherios Goulas & Paul Levine, 2007. "Military Expenditure And Migration In Europe," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 305-316.
- Muhanji, Stella & Ojah, Kalu, 2016. "Governance infrastructure and indebtedness of African countries: Do regional blocs matter?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 123-153.
- W. Robert J. Alexander, 2013. "The Defence-Debt Nexus: Evidence From The High-Income Members Of Nato," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 133-145, April.
More about this item
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:defpea:v:15:y:2004:i:2:p:173-187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GDPE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.