Domestic public debt in low-income countries: trends and structure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bua, Giovanna & Pradelli, Juan & Presbitero, Andrea F., 2014. "Domestic public debt in low-income countries : trends and structure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6777, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973, June.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Panizza, Ugo, 2003. "On the determinants of Original Sin: an empirical investigation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 957-990, December.
- S M Ali Abbas & Jakob E Christensen, 2010.
"The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(1), pages 209-255, April.
- S. M. Ali Abbas & Jakob E Christensen, 2007. "The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth; An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 07/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Kumhof & Evan C Tanner, 2005. "Government Debt; A Key Role in Financial Intermediation," IMF Working Papers 05/57, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- International Monetary Fund, 2010. "A Historical Public Debt Database," IMF Working Papers 10/245, International Monetary Fund.
- Andrew Crockett & Chairman, 1999. "General discussion : exchange rates and financial fragility," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 411-422.
- Andrea F Presbitero, 2012.
"Total Public Debt and Growth in Developing Countries,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 24(4), pages 606-626, September.
- Andrea Filippo Presbitero, 2010. "Total public debt and growth in developing countries," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 44, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Andrea F. Presbitero, 2010. "Total Public Debt and Growth in Developing Countries," Development Working Papers 300, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Panizza, Ugo & Rigobon, Roberto, 2006.
"The long-run volatility puzzle of the real exchange rate,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 93-124, February.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Ugo Panizza & Roberto Rigobon, 2004. "The Long-Run Volatility Puzzle of the Real Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 10751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann, 1999. "Exchange rates and financial fragility," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 329-368.
- Anastasia Guscina, 2008. "Impact of Macroeconomic, Political, and Institutional Factors on the Structure of Government Debt in Emerging Market Countries," IMF Working Papers 08/205, International Monetary Fund.
- Aaron Mehrotra & Ken Miyajima & Agustin Villar, 2012. "Developments of domestic government bond markets in EMEs and their implications," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Fiscal policy, public debt and monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 67, pages 31-50 Bank for International Settlements.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 2005. "Emerging Capital Markets in Turmoil: Bad Luck or Bad Policy?," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262033348, January.
- Emanuele Bacchiocchi & Alessandro Missale, 2015.
"Multilateral indexed loans and debt sustainability,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, pages 305-329.
- Alessandro Missale & Emanuele Bacchiocchi, 2012. "Multilateral Indexed Loans And Debt Sustainability," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 209, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Mehl, Arnaud & Reynaud, Julien, 2005.
"The determinants of "domestic" original sin in emerging market economies,"
Working Paper Series
560, European Central Bank.
- Julien Reynaud & Arnaud Mehl, 2007. "The determinants of "domestic" original sin in emerging market economies," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 159, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Andrea F. Presbitero, 2012. "Domestic debt in Low-Income Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1099-1112.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Sergio Kurlat & Franziska Ohnsorge & Naotaka Sugawara, 2017.
"A cross-country database of fiscal space,"
CAMA Working Papers
2017-48, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Sergio Kurlat & Franziska Ohnsorge & Naotaka Sugawara, 2017. "A Cross-Country Database of Fiscal Space," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1713, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Kose,Ayhan & Kurlat,Sergio Andres & Ohnsorge,Franziska Lieselotte & Sugawara,Naotaka, 2017. "A cross-country database of fiscal space," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8157, The World Bank.
- Kose, Ayhan & Kurlat, Sergio & Ohnsorge, Franziska & Sugawara, Naotaka, 2017. "A Cross-Country Database of Fiscal Space," CEPR Discussion Papers 12196, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:nam:befdwp:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dennis Essers & Hans J. Blommestein & Danny Cassimon & Perla Ibarlucea Flores, 2016.
"Local Currency Bond Market Development in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Stock-Taking Exercise and Analysis of Key Drivers,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(5), pages 1167-1194, May.
- Essers, Dennis & Blommestein, Hans & Cassimon, Danny & Ibarlucea Flores, Perla, 2014. "Local currency bond market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: a stock-taking exercise and analysis of key drivers," IOB Working Papers 2014.08, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Essers, Dennis & Blommestein, Hans & Cassimon, Danny & Ibarlucea Flores, Perla, 2015. "Local currency bond market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: A stock-taking exercise and analysis of key drivers," MPRA Paper 65320, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2015.
- Kathrin Berensmann & Florence Dafe & Ulrich Volz, 2015. "Developing local currency bond markets for long-term development financing in Sub-Saharan Africa," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(3-4), pages 350-378.
- Danny Cassimon & Dennis Essers & Karel Verbeke, 2015. "What to do after the clean slate? Post-relief public debt sustainability and management," BeFinD Working Papers 0103, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- S.M. Ali Abbas & Raphael Espinoza, 2016. "Why Do Banks in Developing Countries Hold Government Securities?," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 2016-1, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Ulrich Volz & Dafe Florence & Dennis Essers, 2017. "Localising Sovereign Debt: The Rise of Local Currency Bond Markets in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 202, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt structure; Domestic debt; HIPCs; Low-income countries;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- O23 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2013-08-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2013-08-23 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anc:wmofir:85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurizio Mariotti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mfancit.html .