The Direct Impact of Risk Management Tools on Farm Income: The Case of Irelands Spring Barley Producers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gali, Jyothi & Brown, Colin G., 2000. "Assisting decision-making in Queensland barley production through chance constrained programming," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(2), pages 1-19.
- Seifert, Ralf W. & Thonemann, Ulrich W. & Hausman, Warren H., 2004. "Optimal procurement strategies for online spot markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(3), pages 781-799, February.
- Jean‐Paul Chavas & Salvatore Di Falco, 2012. "On the Role of Risk Versus Economies of Scope in Farm Diversification With an Application to Ethiopian Farms," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 25-55, February.
- Richardson, James W. & Klose, Steven L. & Gray, Allan W., 2000.
"An Applied Procedure For Estimating And Simulating Multivariate Empirical (Mve) Probability Distributions In Farm-Level Risk Assessment And Policy Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 1-17, August.
- Richardson, James W. & Klose, Steven L. & Gray, Allan W., 2000. "An Applied Procedure for Estimating and Simulating Multivariate Empirical (MVE) Probability Distributions In Farm-Level Risk Assessment and Policy Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 299-315, August.
- Mary, Sebastien & Santini, Fabien & Boulanger, Pierre, 2013. "An Ex-Ante Assessment of CAP Income Stabilisation Payments using a Farm Household Model," 87th Annual Conference, April 8-10, 2013, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 158860, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Mary, Sebastien & Mishra, Ashok K. & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y, 2013. "An impact assessment of EU's CAP income stabilisation payments," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149691, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ryan, Mary & Buckley, Cathal & Dillon, Emma Jane & Donnellan, Trevor & Hanrahan, Kevin & Hennessy, Thia & Moran, Brian, 2014. "The development of farm-level sustainability indicators for Ireland using the Teagasc National Farm Survey," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 170501, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Masclet, David & Colombier, Nathalie & Denant-Boemont, Laurent & Lohéac, Youenn, 2009.
"Group and individual risk preferences: A lottery-choice experiment with self-employed and salaried workers,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 470-484, June.
- David Masclet & Nathalie Colombier & Laurent Denant-Boèmont & Youenn Lohéac, 2009. "Group and individual risk preferences : a lottery-choice experiment with self-employed and salaried workers," Post-Print halshs-00196559, HAL.
- Joost M.E. Pennings & Olga Isengildina-Massa & Scott H. Irwin & Philip Garcia & Darrel L. Good, 2008. "Producers' complex risk management choices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 31-54.
- Lien, Gudbrand, 2003. "Assisting whole-farm decision-making through stochastic budgeting," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 399-413, May.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Vincent H. Smith, 2013. "What Harm Is Done By Subsidizing Crop Insurance?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(2), pages 489-497.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- V. Santoni & M. Pulina, 2016. "An analysis on the Italian agricultural firms: effects of public subsidies," Working Paper CRENoS 201611, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jason Loughrey & Fiona Thorne & Thia Hennessy, 2016. "A Microsimulation Model for Risk in Irish Tillage Farming," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 9(2), pages 41-76.
- Bharat M. Upadhyay & Douglas L. Young, 2005. "An Operational Approach for Evaluating Investment Risk: An Application to the No-Till Transition," Working Papers 2005-1, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Soliwoda, Michał & Kulawik, Jacek & Góral, Justyna, 2016. "Stabilizacja dochodów rolniczych. Perspektywa międzynarodowa, Unii Europejskiej i Polski," Village and Agriculture (Wieś i Rolnictwo), Polish Academy of Sciences (IRWiR PAN), Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development, vol. 3(172), January.
- ZGAJNAR, Jaka, 2016. "Simulation Model Based On Iacs Data; Alternative Approach To Analyse Sectoral Income Risk In Agriculture," Review of Agricultural and Applied Economics (RAAE), Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra, vol. 19(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Feng, Siyi & Patton, Myles & Binfield, Julian C.R. & Davis, John, 2014. "Assessing the costs of risk management tools: A crop insurance scenario based on a stochastic partial equilibrium model approach," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 170538, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Grove, Bennie & Taljaard, Pieter R. & Cloete, Philip C., 2007. "A Stochastic Budgeting Analysis of Three Alternative Scenarios to Convert from Beef-Cattle Farming to Game Ranching," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(4), pages 1-18, December.
- Lien, Gudbrand & Brian Hardaker, J. & Flaten, Ola, 2007. "Risk and economic sustainability of crop farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 541-552, May.
- Xavier Brusset, 2005. "Comparison between minimum purchase, quantity flexibility contracts and spot procurement in a supply chain," Econometrics 0512007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morone, A. & Morone, P. & Germani, A.R., 2014.
"Individual and group behaviour in the traveler's dilemma: An experimental study,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-7.
- Morone, Andrea & Morone, Piergiuseppe, 2012. "Individual and group behaviours in the traveller’s dilemma: an experimental study," MPRA Paper 38199, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Morone & Piergiuseppe Morone, 2012. "Individual and Group Behaviours in the Traveller's Dilemma: An Experimental Study," Working Papers 2012/09, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Asci, Serhat & Borisova, Tatiana & VanSickle, John J., 2015. "Role of economics in developing fertilizer best management practices," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 251-261.
- Ranganathan, Kavitha & Lejarraga, Tomás, 2021. "Elicitation of risk preferences through satisficing," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C).
- Agnieszka Kurdyś-Kujawska & Agnieszka Sompolska-Rzechuła & Joanna Pawłowska-Tyszko & Michał Soliwoda, 2021. "Crop Insurance, Land Productivity and the Environment: A Way forward to a Better Understanding," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-17, November.
- Ertac, Seda & Gurdal, Mehmet Y., 2012.
"Deciding to decide: Gender, leadership and risk-taking in groups,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 24-30.
- Seda Ertac & Mehmet Y. Gurdal, 2010. "Deciding to Decide: Gender, Leadership and Risk-Taking in Groups," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1028, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Besedes, Tibor & Deck, Cary & Quintanar, Sarah & Sarangi, Sudipta & Shor, Mikhael, 2011.
"Free-Riding and Performance in Collaborative and Non-Collaborative Groups,"
33948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tibor Besedes & Cary Deck & Sarah Quintanar & Sudipta Sarangi & Mikhael Shor, 2012. "Free-Riding and Performance in Collaborative and Non-Collaborative Groups," Working papers 2012-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Christian Almer & Jeremy Laurent-Lucchetti & Manuel Oechslin, 2014. "Agricultural shocks and riots: A disaggregated analysis," Department of Economics Working Papers 24/14, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Thorne, Fiona S. & Hennessy, Thia C., 2006. "The Role of Risk in the Decision to Produce Post-Decoupling - A Stochastic Budgeting Example," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25415, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hutchings, Timothy R., 2009. "A financial analysis of the effect of the mix of crop and sheep enterprises on the risk profile of dryland farms in south-eastern Australia – Part 1," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 6(1), pages 1-16, October.
- Fabio Gaetano Santeramo, 2018.
"Imperfect information and participation in insurance markets: evidence from Italy,"
Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 78(2), pages 183-194, February.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano, 2017. "Imperfect Information and Participation in Insurance Markets: Evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 85780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gülpınar, N. & Oliveira, F.S., 2012. "Robust trading in spot and forward oligopolistic markets," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 35-45.
- Krčál, Ondřej & Staněk, Rostislav & Slanicay, Martin, 2019. "Made for the job or by the job? A lab-in-the-field experiment with firefighters," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 271-276.
More about this item
KeywordsCrop Production/Industries; Farm Management; International Development;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-05-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2015-05-22 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aesc15:204228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aesukea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aesukea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.