Assisting whole-farm decision-making through stochastic budgeting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald D. Knutson & Robert Romain & David P. Anderson & James W. Richardson, 1997.
"Farm-Level Consequences of Canadian and U.S. Dairy Policies,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 45(4), pages 421-432, December.
- Knutson, Ronald D. & Romain, Robert F.J. & Anderson, David P. & Richardson, James W., 1997. "Farm Level Consequences Of Canadian And U.S. Dairy Policies," Working Papers 24029, Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center.
- Nyangito, Hezron O. & Richardson, James W. & Mundy, Darrell S. & Mukhebi, Adrian W. & Zimmel, Peter & Namken, Jerry, 1996.
"Economic impacts of East Coast Fever immunization on smallholder farms, Kenya: a simulation analysis,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(3), February.
- Nyangito, Hezron O. & Richardson, James W. & Mundy, Darrell S. & Mukhebi, Adrian W. & Zimmel, Peter & Namken, Jerry, 1996. "Economic impacts of East Coast Fever immunization on smallholder farms, Kenya: a simulation analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 163-177, February.
- Meyer, Jack, 1977. "Choice among distributions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 326-336, April.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Knutson, Ronald D. & Smith, Edward G. & Anderson, David P. & Richardson, James W., 1998.
"Southern Farmers' Exposure to Income Risk Under the 1996 Farm Bill,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 35-46, July.
- Knutson, Ronald D. & Smith, Edward G. & Anderson, David P. & Richardson, James W., 1998. "Southern Farmers' Exposure To Income Risk Under The 1996 Farm Bill," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Knutson, Ronald D. & Smith, Edward G. & Anderson, David P., 1998. "Southern Farmers Exposure To Income Risk Under The 1996 Farm Bill," Working Papers 24025, Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center.
- Robert Romain, 1997. "Farm-Level Consequences of Canadian and U.S. Dairy Policies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1563-1572.
- Dean W. Hughes & James W. Richardson & M. Edward Rister, 1985. "Effects of Sustained Financial Stress on the Financial Structure and Performance of the Farm Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(5), pages 1116-1122.
- Goh, Siew & Shih, Chao-Chyuan & Cochran, Mark J. & Raskin, Rob, 1989. "A Generalized Stochastic Dominance Program For The Ibm Pc," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hutchings, Timothy R. & Nordblom, Thomas L., 2011. "A financial analysis of the effect of the mix of crop and sheep enterprises on the risk profile of dryland farms in south-eastern Australia," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 8(1).
- Thorne, Fiona S. & Hennessy, Thia C., 2006. "The Role of Risk in the Decision to Produce Post-Decoupling - A Stochastic Budgeting Example," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25415, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Md. Jahangir Kabir & Rob Cramb & Mohammad Alauddin & Christian Roth, 2016.
"Farming adaptation to environmental change in coastal Bangladesh: shrimp culture versus crop diversification,"
Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development,
Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 1195-1216, August.
- Kabir, Md. Jahangir & Cramb, Rob & Alauddin, Mohammad, 2015. "Farming Adaptation to Environmental Change in Coastal Bangladesh: Shrimp Culture versus Crop Diversification," 2015 Conference (59th), February 10-13, 2015, Rotorua, New Zealand 202981, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Ashfield, A. & Crosson, P. & Wallace, M., 2013. "Simulation modelling of temperate grassland based dairy calf to beef production systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 41-50.
- Bharat M. Upadhyay & Douglas L. Young, 2004. "An Operational Approach For Evaluating Investment Risk: An Application To The No-Till Transition," Others 0412002, EconWPA.
- Hutchings, T.R., 2013. "Financial risk on dryland farms in south-eastern Australia," Dissertations-Doctoral 204434, AgEcon Search.
- Md. Jahangir Kabir & Mohammad Alauddin & Steven Crimp, 2016. "Farm-level Adaptation to Climate Change in Western Bangladesh: An Analysis of Adaptation Dynamics, Profitability and Risks," Discussion Papers Series 576, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Fiona Thorne & Thia Hennessy, 2005. "The Role of Risk in the Decision to Produce Post-Decoupling A Stochastic Budgeting Example," Working Papers 0503, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Hutchings, Timothy R., 2009. "A financial analysis of the effect of the mix of crop and sheep enterprises on the risk profile of dryland farms in south-eastern Australia â€“ Part 1," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 6(1).
- Lien, Gudbrand & Brian Hardaker, J. & Flaten, Ola, 2007. "Risk and economic sustainability of crop farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 541-552, May.
- Komarek, Adam M. & Bell, Lindsay W. & Whish, Jeremy P.M. & Robertson, Michael J. & Bellotti, William D., 2015. "Whole-farm economic, risk and resource-use trade-offs associated with integrating forages into crop–livestock systems in western China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 63-72.
- Morfeld, Ulf & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe & Krieter, Joachim, 2014. "Application and comparison of risk adjusted performance-indicators in the context of pig production," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 3(2), January.
- Grove, Bennie & Taljaard, Pieter R. & Cloete, Philip C., 2007. "A Stochastic Budgeting Analysis of Three Alternative Scenarios to Convert from Beef-Cattle Farming to Game Ranching," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(4), December.
- Loughrey, Jason & Thorne, Fiona & Hennessy, Thia, 2015. "The Direct Impact of Risk Management Tools on Farm Income: The Case of Irelands Spring Barley Producers," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204228, Agricultural Economics Society.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:76:y:2003:i:2:p:399-413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.