An impact assessment of EU's CAP income stabilisation payments
To help farmers cope with increased income volatility, the EU may be introducing a farm income stabilisation payment in the post-2013 CAP. This payment would generally cover dramatic risk exceptionally leading to more than 30 per cent of income losses. This paper applies a model for a risk-averse farm producer facing output price, yield and policy uncertainty, to examine the impacts of the potential implementation of such payments in French crop specialist farms. The proposed scheme reduces farm income volatility, after 5 and 10 years, respectively by 2.08% and 1.19%. Interestingly, the proposed scheme reduces volatility in farm investments by about 11.45% after 5 years.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bhaskar, Arathi & Beghin, John C., 2007.
"Decoupled Farm Payments and the Role of Base Acreage and Yield Updating Under Uncertainty,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
12851, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Arathi Bhaskar & John C. Beghin, 2010. "Decoupled Farm Payments and the Role of Base Acreage and Yield Updating Under Uncertainty," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(3), pages 849-858.
- Mary, Sebastien & Santini, Fabien & Boulanger, Pierre, 2013. "An Ex-Ante Assessment of CAP Income Stabilisation Payments using a Farm Household Model," 87th Annual Conference, April 8-10, 2013, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 158860, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Paolo Sckokai & Daniele Moro, 2009. "Modelling the impact of the CAP Single Farm Payment on farm investment and output," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 36(3), pages 395-423, September.
- Samira Bakhshi & Richard S. Gray, 2012. "Acreage Response to Whole Farm Income Stabilisation Programmes," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 385-407, 06.
- Sébastien Mary, 2013. "Assessing the Impacts of Pillar 1 and 2 Subsidies on TFP in French Crop Farms," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 133-144, 02.
- David A. Hennessy, 1998.
"The Production Effects of Agricultural Income Support Policies under Uncertainty,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 46-57.
- Hennessy, David A., 1998. "The Production Effects of Agricultural Income Support Policies Under Uncertainty," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1207, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kimura, Shingo & Anton, Jesus, 2011. "Farm Income Stabilization and Risk Management: Some Lessons from AgriStability Program in Canada," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114755, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:149691. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.