Whither Dairy Policy? Evaluating Expected Government Outlays and Distributional Impacts of Alternative 2013 Farm Bill Dairy Title Proposals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thraen, Cameron S. & Hammond, Jerome W., 1987. "Price Enhancement, Returns Variability, And Supply Response In The U.S. Dairy Sector," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
- Richard E. Just & Linda Calvin & John Quiggin, 1999.
"Adverse Selection in Crop Insurance: Actuarial and Asymmetric Information Incentives,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 834-849.
- Just, Richard E. & Calvin, Linda & Quiggin, John, 1993. "Adverse Selection in Crop Insurance: Actuarial and Asymmetric Information Incentives," Working Papers 197809, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- D’Antoni, Jeremy M. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Blayney, Donald, 2013.
"Assessing participation in the Milk Income Loss Contract program and its impact on milk production,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 243-254.
- D'Antoni, Jeremy M. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2011. "Assessing Participation in the Milk Income Loss Contract Program and its Impact on Milk Production," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103775, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Schmit, Todd M. & Dong, Diansheng & Chung, Chanjin & Kaiser, Harry M. & Gould, Brian W., 2002. "Identifying The Effects Of Generic Advertising On The Household Demand For Fluid Milk And Cheese: A Two-Step Panel Data Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
- Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Gould, Brian W., 2012. "Mean-reversion in Income over Feed Cost Margins:Evidence and Implications for Managing Margin Risk by U.S. Dairy Producers," Staff Papers 132379, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Keith H. Coble & Thomas O. Knight & Rulon D. Pope & Jeffery R. Williams, 1997. "An Expected-Indemnity Approach to the Measurement of Moral Hazard in Crop Insurance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 216-226.
- Adeyemi Esuola & Michael Hoy & Zahirul Islam & Calum G. Turvey, 2007.
"Evaluating the effects of asymmetric information in a model of crop insurance,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 67(2), pages 341-356, November.
- Michael Hoy & Adeyemi Esuola & Zahirul Islam & Calum G. Turvey, 2007. "Evaluating the Effects of Asymmetric Information in a Model of Crop Insurance," Working Papers 0706, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Bryant, Henry L. & Outlaw, Joe L. & Anderson, David P., 2007. "Aggregate Milk Supply Response to the Milk Income Loss Contract Program," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 25(2).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wolf, Christopher & Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron, 2013. "Moove Over: Will New Government-Sponsored Dairy Margin Insurance Crowd Out Private Market Risk Management Tools?," 2013 AAEA: Crop Insurance and the Farm Bill Symposium, October 8-9, Louisville, KY 156713, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Miller, Maryfrances, 2016. "Regional variation in margin response, participation, and potential federal expenditures under Dairy Margin Protection Program," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230075, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsdairy; margin insurance; farm bill; supply-management; dairy security act; dairy freedom act; Gini coefficient; farm payments; Agribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy; Demand and Price Analysis; Farm Management; Livestock Production/Industries; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-08-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2013-08-05 (Forecasting)
- NEP-IAS-2013-08-05 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2013-08-05 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:153750. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .