Mean-reversion in Income over Feed Cost Margins:Evidence and Implications for Managing Margin Risk by U.S. Dairy Producers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bamba, Ibrahim & Maynard, Leigh J., 2004. "Hedging-Effectiveness of Milk Futures Using Value-At-Risk Procedures," 2004 Conference, April 19-20, 2004, St. Louis, Missouri 19028, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Cropp, Robert A. & Zapata, Hector O., 1997.
"Analysis of Expected Price Dynamics Between Fluid Milk Futures Contracts and Cash Prices for Fluid Milk,"
Journal of Agribusiness,
Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 15(2).
- T. Randall FORTENBERY & Robert A. CROPP & Hector O. ZAPATA, 1997. "Analysis Of Expected Price Dynamics Between Fluid Milk Futures Contracts And Cash Prices For Fluid Milk," Staff Papers 407, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- T. RANDALL FORTENBERY & ROBERT A. CROPP & Hector O. Zapata, 1997. "Analysis of Expected Price Dynamics Between Fluid Milk Futures Contracts and Cash Prices for Fluid Milk," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 407, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Leigh J. Maynard & Christopher Wolf & Matthew Gearhardt, 2005. "Can Futures and Options Markets Hold the Milk Price Safety Net? Policy Conflicts and Market Failures in Dairy Hedging," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 273-286.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mosheim, Roberto & Blaney, Don & Burdine, Kenneth H. & Maynard, Leigh J., 2014. "Livestock Gross Margin-Dairy Insurance: An Assessment of Risk Management and Potential Supply Impacts," Economic Research Report 164606, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Burdine, Kenneth H. & Kusunose, Yoko & Maynard, Leigh J. & Blayney, Donald P. & Mosheim, Roberto, 2014. "Livestock Gross Marginâ€“Dairy: An Assessment of Its Effectiveness as a Risk Management Tool and Its Potential to Induce Supply Expansion," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 46(02), May.
- Wolf, Christopher A. & Widmar, Nicole J. Olynk, 2014. "Adoption of Milk and Feed Forward Pricing Methods by Dairy Farmers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 46(04), November.
- Loughrey, J. & Thorne, F. & Kinsella, A. & Hennessy, T. & McDonnell, J. & O’Donoghue, C. & Vollenweider, X., 2014. "The Market Risk Perceptions And Management Of Irish Dairy Farmers," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 169760, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Wolf, Christopher & Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron, 2013. "Moove Over: Will New Government-Sponsored Dairy Margin Insurance Crowd Out Private Market Risk Management Tools?," 2013 AAEA: Crop Insurance and the Farm Bill Symposium, October 8-9, Louisville, KY 156713, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Gould, Brian W., 2012. "Parametric Bootstrap Tests for Futures Price and Implied Volatility Biases with Application to Rating Livestock Margin Insurance for Dairy Cattle," Staff Papers 135077, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Bozic, Marin, 2013. "Whither Dairy Policy? Evaluating Expected Government Outlays and Distributional Impacts of Alternative 2013 Farm Bill Dairy Title Proposals," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 153750, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bozic, Marin & Fortenbery, T., 2015. "Price Discovery, Volatility Spillovers and Adequacy of Speculation when Spot Prices are Stationary: The Case of U.S. Dairy Markets," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211369, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk management; income over feed cost margin; Livestock Gross Margin for Dairy Cattle program; Agricultural Finance; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-09-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-RMG-2012-09-22 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umaesp:132379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/daumnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.