Moove Over: Will New Government-Sponsored Dairy Margin Insurance Crowd Out Private Market Risk Management Tools?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Gould, Brian W., 2012. "Mean-reversion in Income over Feed Cost Margins:Evidence and Implications for Managing Margin Risk by U.S. Dairy Producers," Staff Papers 132379, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Bozic, Marin, 2013. "Whither Dairy Policy? Evaluating Expected Government Outlays and Distributional Impacts of Alternative 2013 Farm Bill Dairy Title Proposals," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 153750, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bruce A. Babcock, 2011. "Time to Revisit Crop Insurance Premium Subsidies?," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 11-pb4, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Newton, John & Bozic, Marin & Wolf, Chris & Thraen, Cameron S., 2014. "Option Valuation and Speculative Interest in a MPP-Dairy Margin Futures Contract," 2014 AAEA: Crop Insurance and the 2014 Farm Bill Symposium: Implementing Change in U.S. Agricultural Policy, October 8-9, Louisville, KY 186633, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Farm Management; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-10-18 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-RMG-2013-10-18 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaeaci:156713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .