Moove Over: Will New Government-Sponsored Dairy Margin Insurance Crowd Out Private Market Risk Management Tools?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Gould, Brian W., 2012. "Mean-reversion in Income over Feed Cost Margins:Evidence and Implications for Managing Margin Risk by U.S. Dairy Producers," Staff Papers 132379, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Bozic, Marin, 2013. "Whither Dairy Policy? Evaluating Expected Government Outlays and Distributional Impacts of Alternative 2013 Farm Bill Dairy Title Proposals," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 153750, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bruce A. Babcock, 2011. "Time to Revisit Crop Insurance Premium Subsidies?," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 11-pb4, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Newton, John & Bozic, Marin & Wolf, Chris & Thraen, Cameron S., 2014. "Option Valuation and Speculative Interest in a MPP-Dairy Margin Futures Contract," 2014 AAEA: Crop Insurance and the 2014 Farm Bill Symposium: Implementing Change in U.S. Agricultural Policy, October 8-9, Louisville, KY 186633, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsdairy policy; hedging; margin protection; risk management; Agricultural and Food Policy; Farm Management; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-10-18 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-RMG-2013-10-18 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaeaci:156713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.