Recalibrating the Reported Rates of Return to Food and Agricultural R&D
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rao, Xudong & Hurley, Terrance M. & Pardey, Philip G., 2012. "Recalibrating the Reported Rates of Return to Food and Agricultural R&D," Staff Papers 135018, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Julian M. Alston & Matthew A. Andersen & Jennifer S. James & Philip G. Pardey, 2011.
"The Economic Returns to U.S. Public Agricultural Research,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1257-1277.
- Alston, Julian M. & Andersen, Matthew A. & James, Jennifer S. & Pardey, Philip G., 2011. "The Economic Returns to U.S. Public Agricultural Research," Staff Papers 95522, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4594, The World Bank.
- Yuri Biondi, 2006.
"The double emergence of the Modified Internal Rate of Return: The neglected financial work of Duvillard (1755 - 1832) in a comparative perspective,"
The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 311-335.
- Yuri Biondi, 2006. "The Double Emergence of the Modified Internal Rate of Return. The neglected Financial Work of Duvillard (1755-1832) in a Comparative Perspective," Post-Print halshs-00203373, HAL.
- Fuglie, Keith O. & Heisey, Paul W., 2007. "Economic Returns to Public Agricultural Research," Economic Brief 6388, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- James Heckman, 2010.
"Contributions of Zvi Griliches,"
NBER Chapters,in: Contributions in Memory of Zvi Griliches, pages 5-22
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Fouré & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné, 2010. "The World Economy in 2050: a Tentative Picture," Working Papers 2010-27, CEPII research center.
- Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G. & Ruttan, Vernon W., 2008. "Research Lags Revisited: Concepts and Evidence from U.S. Agriculture," Staff Papers 50091, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hurley, Terrance M. & Pardey, Philip G. & Rao, Xudong, 2013. "Returns to Food and Agricultural R&D Investments Worldwide, 1958-2011," Briefs 159649, University of Minnesota, International Science and Technology Practice and Policy.
- Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna, 2014.
"Food security policy options for China: Lessons from other countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 50-58.
- Kym Anderson & Anna Strutt, 2014. "Food security policy options for China: lessons from other countries," Departmental Working Papers 2014-11, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Kym Anderson & Anna Strutt, 2014.
"Growth in Densely Populated Asia: Implications for Primary Product Exporters,"
Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 112-126, January.
- Kym Anderson & Anna Strutt, 2014. "Growth in Densely Populated Asia: Implications for Primary Product Exporters," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 201414, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna, 2014. "Impacts of Asia’s Rise on African and Latin American Trade: Projections to 2030," 2014 Conference (58th), February 4-7, 2014, Port Maquarie, Australia 165805, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Dlamini, Thula Sizwe & Magingxa, Litha & Liebenberg, Frikkie, 2015. "Estimating the economic value of the national cultivar trials in South Africa: A case for sorghum, sunflower, soybeans and dry beans," 2015 Fourth Congress, June 11-12, 2015, Ancona, Italy 207288, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Julian M. Alston & Philip G. Pardey, 2014. "Agriculture in the Global Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 28(1), pages 121-146, Winter.
- Anderson, Kym & Thennakoon, Jayanthi, 2015. "Food Prices Spikes and Poor, Small Economies: What Role for Trade Policies," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(1), March.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; Productivity Analysis; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-06-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2012-06-25 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea12:124581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .