BSE and the Dynamics of Beef Consumption: Influences of Habit and Trust
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- M.-J.J. Mangen & A.M. Burrell, 2001. "Decomposing Preference Shifts for Meat and Fish in the Netherlands," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 16-28.
- Dickinson, David L. & Bailey, DeeVon, 2002.
"Meat Traceability: Are U.S. Consumers Willing To Pay For It?,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- David Dickinson & DeeVon Bailey, 2001. "Meat traceability: are U.S. consumers willing to pay for it?," Working Papers 2001-14, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- David Dickinson & DeeVon Bailey, 2002. "Meat Traceability: Are U.S. Consumers Willing To Pay For It?," Working Papers 2002-07, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Dickinson, David L. & Bailey, DeeVon, 2002. "Meat Traceability: Are U. S. Consumers Willing To Pay For It?," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19670, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- M. Dolores Collado & Martin Browning, 2007.
"Habits and heterogeneity in demands: a panel data analysis,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 625-640.
- Martin Browning & M. Dolores Collado, 2004. "Habits and Heterogeneity in Demands: a Panel Data Analysis," CAM Working Papers 2004-18, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- M. Dolores Collado & Martín Browning, 2006. "Habits And Heterogeneity In Demands: A Panel Data Analysis," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-25, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Kuchler, Fred & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2006. "Did Bse Announcements Reduce Beef Purchases?," Economic Research Report 7251, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David I. Laibson & José A. Scheinkman & Christine L. Soutter, 2000. "Measuring Trust," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 811-846.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Karen E. Dynan, 2000. "Habit Formation in Consumer Preferences: Evidence from Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 391-406, June.
- Saghaian, Sayed H. & Reed, Michael R., 2007. "Consumer Reaction to Beef Safety Scares," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 10(01).
- Nicholas E. Piggott & Thomas L. Marsh, 2004. "Does Food Safety Information Impact U.S. Meat Demand?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 154-174.
- Hall, Peter A., 1999. "Social Capital in Britain," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(03), pages 417-461, June.
- Jill J. McCluskey & Kristine M. Grimsrud & Hiromi Ouchi & Thomas I. Wahl, 2005.
"Bovine spongiform encephalopathy in Japan: consumers' food safety perceptions and willingness to pay for tested beef ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(2), pages 197-209, June.
- McCluskey, Jill J. & Grimsrud, Kristine M. & Ouchi, Hiromi & Wahl, Thomas I., 2005. "Bovine spongiform encephalopathy in Japan: consumers’ food safety perceptions and willingness to pay for tested beef," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(2), June.
- Leigh J. Maynard & Ellen Goddard & John Conley, 2008. "Impact of BSE on Beef Purchases in Alberta and Ontario Quick-Serve Restaurants," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 56(3), pages 337-351, September.
- Naik, Narayan Y & Moore, Michael J, 1996. "Habit Formation and Intertemporal Substitution in Individual Food Consumption," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, May.
- Alessandra Guariglia, 2002. "Consumption, habit formation, and precautionary saving: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Mazzocchi, Mario & Lobb, Alexandra E., 2005. "A Latent-Variable Approach to Modelling Multiple and Resurgent Meat Scares in Italy," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24509, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hyun J. Jin & Won W. Koo, 2003. "The effect of the BSE outbreak in Japan on consumers' preferences," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 173-192, June.
- Keane, Michael P, 1997. "Modeling Heterogeneity and State Dependence in Consumer Choice Behavior," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 310-327, July.
- Peng, Yanning & McCann-Hiltz, Diane & Goddard, Ellen W., 2004. "Consumer Demand For Meat In Alberta, Canada: Impact Of Bse," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20331, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Heaton, John, 1993. "The Interaction between Time-Nonseparable Preferences and Time Aggregation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(2), pages 353-385, March.
- Hikaru Hanawa Peterson & Yun-Ju (Kelly) Chen, 2005. "The impact of BSE on Japanese retail meat demand," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 313-327.
- Jérôme Adda, 2007. "Behavior towards health risks: An empirical study using the “Mad Cow” crisis as an experiment," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 285-305, December.
- Dierks, Leef H. & Hanf, C.-Hennig, 2006. "Trust as a Determinant of Consumer Behaviour in Food Safety Crises," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25452, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Meghir, Costas & Weber, Guglielmo, 1996. "Intertemporal Nonseparability or Borrowing Restrictions? A Disaggregate Analysis Using a U.S. Consumption Panel," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1151-1181, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBSE; habit; and trust; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .