Context-Dependent BSE Impacts on Canadian Food-at-Home Beef Purchases
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jin, Hyun Joung & Skripnitchenko, Anatoliy & Koo, Won W., 2004. "The Effects Of The Bse Outbreak In The United States On The Beef And Cattle Industry," Special Reports 23072, North Dakota State University, Center for Agricultural Policy and Trade Studies.
- Nicholas E. Piggott & Thomas L. Marsh, 2004. "Does Food Safety Information Impact U.S. Meat Demand?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 154-174.
- Maynard, Leigh J. & Hartell, Jason G. & Meyer, A. Lee & Hao, Jianqiang, 2004.
"An experimental approach to valuing new differentiated products,"
Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 317-325, December.
- Maynard, Leigh J. & Hartell, Jason G. & Meyer, A. Lee & Hao, Jianqiang, 2003. "An Experimental Approach To Valuing New Differentiated Products," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25810, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Padilla, Luis, 2007. "Promotion and Fast Food Demand: Where's the Beef?," Consumer and Market Demand Network Papers 7711, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1986. "Econometric Models Based on Count Data: Comparisons and Applications of Some Estimators and Tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Burton, Michael & Dorsett, Richard & Young, Trevor, 1996. "Changing Preferences for Meat: Evidence from UK Household Data, 1973-93," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 357-370.
- Pritchett, James G. & Johnson, Kamina K. & Thilmany, Dawn D. & Hahn, William F., 2007. "Consumer Responses to Recent BSE Events," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-12, July.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- Leigh J. Maynard & Ellen Goddard & John Conley, 2008. "Impact of BSE on Beef Purchases in Alberta and Ontario Quick-Serve Restaurants," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 56(3), pages 337-351, September.
- Peng, Yanning & McCann-Hiltz, Diane & Goddard, Ellen W., 2004. "Consumer Demand For Meat In Alberta, Canada: Impact Of Bse," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20331, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hikaru Hanawa Peterson & Yun-Ju (Kelly) Chen, 2005. "The impact of BSE on Japanese retail meat demand," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 313-327.
- Vickner, Steven S. & Bailey, DeeVon & Dustin, Al, 2006. "Estimating the Market Demand for Value-Added Beef: Testing for BSE Announcement Effects Using a Nested PIGLOG Model Approach," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21209, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Xin & Maynard, Leigh J. & Butler, J.S., 2010.
"Using Linked Household-level Datasets to Explain Consumer Response to BSE in Canada,"
2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado
60859, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Wang, Xin & Maynard, Leigh J. & Butler, J.S., 2010. "Using Linked Household-Level Datasets To Explain Consumer Response To Bse In Canada," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116404, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:48431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.