The Impact of Health Changes on Labor Supply: Evidence from Merged Data on Individual Objective Medical Diagnosis Codes and Early Retirement Behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bruce Hollingsworth & Anthony Scott & Bent Jesper Christensen & Malene Kallestrup‐Lamb, 2012. "The Impact Of Health Changes On Labor Supply: Evidence From Merged Data On Individual Objective Medical Diagnosis Codes And Early Retirement Behavior," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21, pages 56-100, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hugo Benítez-Silva & Moshe Buchinsky & Hiu Man Chan & Sofia Cheidvasser & John Rust, 2004.
"How large is the bias in self-reported disability?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(6), pages 649-670.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Moshe Buchinsky & Hiu Man Chan & Sofia Cheidvasser & John Rust, 2000. "How Large is the Bias in Self-Reported Disability?," Working Papers 2000-01, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Moshe Buchinsky & Hiu Man Chan & Sofia Cheidvasser & John Rust, 2000. "How Large is the Bias is Self-Reported Disability?," NBER Working Papers 7526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nabanita Datta Gupta & Mona Larsen, 2010. "The impact of health on individual retirement plans: self-reported versus diagnostic measures," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(7), pages 792-813.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerke, Oke & Lauridsen, Jørgen T., 2013. "Determinants of early retirement in Denmark. An empirical investigation using SHARE data," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 4/2013, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Malene Kallestrup-Lamb, 2011. "The Role of the Spouse in Early Retirement Decisions for Older Workers," CREATES Research Papers 2011-38, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Malene Kallestrup-Lamb & Anders Bredahl Kock & Johannes Tang Kristensen, 2016. "Lassoing the Determinants of Retirement," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8-10), pages 1522-1561, December.
- Bérengère Davin & Xavier Joutard & Alain Paraponaris, 2019. "“If You Were Me”: Proxy Respondents’ Biases in Population Health Surveys," AMSE Working Papers 1905, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France.
- Boman, Anders, 2015. "Spending time together? Effects on the retirement decision from partner’s labour market status," Working Papers in Economics 618, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Bérengère Davin & Xavier Joutard & Alain Paraponaris, 2019. ""If You Were Me": Proxy Respondents' Biases in Population Health Surveys," Working Papers halshs-02036434, HAL.
- repec:spr:hecrev:v:9:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1186_s13561-019-0220-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eric Delattre & Richard Moussa & Mareva Sabatier, 2015. "Health condition and job status interactions: Econometric evidence of causality from a French longitudinal survey," THEMA Working Papers 2015-19, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:39:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9255-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCompeting risks; Duration analysis; Grouped data; Justification bias; Objective medical diagnosis codes; Retirement; Unobserved heterogeneity.;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2010-10-09 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-EUR-2010-10-09 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HEA-2010-10-09 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2010-10-09 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:create:2010-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.