Testing the Proportional Hazards Assumption in the Presence of Unmeasured Heterogeneity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Terasvirta, T & Anderson, H M, 1992. "Characterizing Nonlinearities in Business Cycles Using Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages 119-136, Suppl. De.
- Beaudry, Paul & Koop, Gary, 1993. "Do recessions permanently change output?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 149-163, April.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Romer, Christina D, 1986. "Is the Stabilization of the Postwar Economy a Figment of the Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 314-334, June.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- Brock, William A. & Sayers, Chera L., 1988. "Is the business cycle characterized by deterministic chaos?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 71-90, July.
- Neftci, Salih N, 1984. "Are Economic Time Series Asymmetric over the Business Cycle?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 307-328, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana M. Fernandes & Caroline Paunov, 2015.
"The Risks of Innovation: Are Innovating Firms Less Likely to Die?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 97(3), pages 638-653, July.
- Fernandes, Ana M. & Paunov, Caroline, 2012. "The risks of innovation : are innovating firms less likely to die ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6103, The World Bank.
- Wolfgang Hess & Maria Persson, 2011. "Exploring the duration of EU imports," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(4), pages 665-692, November.
- Bhattacharjee, A. & Samarjit Das, 2002. "Testing Proportionality in Duration Models with Respect to Continuous Covariates," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0220, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bhattacharjee, A. & Higson, C. & Holly, S. & Kattuman, P., 2004. "Business Failure in UK and US Quoted Firms: Impact of Macroeconomic Instability and the Role of Legal Institutions," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0420, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hess, Wolfgang & Persson, Maria, 2010.
"The Duration of Trade Revisited. Continuous-Time vs. Discrete-Time Hazards,"
2010:1, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Hess, Wolfgang & Persson, Maria, 2010. "The Duration of Trade Revisited: Continuous-Time vs. Discrete-Time Hazards," Working Paper Series 829, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Christian N. Brinch, 2011.
"Non‐parametric identification of the mixed proportional hazards model with interval‐censored durations,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 14(2), pages 343-350, July.
- Christian N. Brinch, 2009. "Non-parametric identication of the mixed proportional hazards model with interval-censored durations," Discussion Papers 600, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- ter Hofstede, Frenkel & Wedel, Michel, 1998. "A Monte Carlo study of time aggregation in continuous-time and discrete-time parametric hazard models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 149-156, February.
- Glaser, Darrell & Rahman, Ahmed, 2015. "Human Capital on the High Seas - Job Mobility and Returns to Technical Skill During Industrialization," MPRA Paper 68351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brinch,C., 2000. "Identification of structural duration dependence and unobserved heterogeneity with time-varying," Memorandum 20/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- DesJardins, Stephen L. & Ahlburg, Dennis A. & McCall, Brian P., 2006.
"The effects of interrupted enrollment on graduation from college: Racial, income, and ability differences,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 575-590, December.
- Stephen L. DesJardins & Dennis A. Ahlburg & Brian P. McCall, "undated". "The Effects of Interrupted Enrollment on Graduation from College: Racial, Income, and Ability Differences," Working Papers 0505, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Steed, Jennifer L., 2002. "A continuous-time model of departure time choice for urban shopping trips," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 207-224, March.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro, 2004.
"How does the unemployment insurance system shape the time profile of jobless duration?,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 229-234, November.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro, 2004. "How Does the Unemployment Insurance System Shape the Time Profile of Jobless Duration?," IZA Discussion Papers 978, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John T. Addison & Pedro Portugal, 2004. "How Does the Unemployment Insurance System Shape the Time Profile of Jobless Duration?," Working Papers w200401, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Wolfgang Hess & Maria Persson, 2012. "The duration of trade revisited," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 1083-1107, December.
- DesJardins, S. L. & Ahlburg, D. A. & McCall, B. P., 1999. "An event history model of student departure," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 375-390, June.
- Audrey Light & Yoshiaki Omori, 2004. "Unemployment Insurance and Job Quits," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 159-188, January.
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni, 2007. "Do better–informed workers make better retirement choices? A test based on the Social Security Statement," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 51, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Darrell J. Glaser & Ahmed S. Rahman, 2012. "Technical Human Capital and Job Mobility in an Era of Rapid Technological Innovation," Departmental Working Papers 37, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Christian N. Brinch, 2008. "Non-parametric Identification of the Mixed Hazards Model with Interval-Censored Durations," Discussion Papers 539, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Brinch, Christian N., 2007. "Nonparametric Identification Of The Mixed Hazards Model With Time-Varying Covariates," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 349-354, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:9:y:1994:i:3:p:321-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .