Non-parametric identication of the mixed proportional hazards model with interval-censored durations
This note presents identication results for the mixed proportional hazards model when duration data are interval-censored. Earlier positive results on identication under intervalcensoring require both parametric specication on how covariates enter the hazard functions and assumptions of unbounded support for covariates. New results provided here show how one can dispense with both of these assumptions. The mixed proportional hazards model is non-parametrically identied with interval-censored duration data, provided covariates have support on an open set and the hazard function is a non-constant continuous function of covariates.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+47) 21 09 00 00
Fax: (+47) 21 09 49 73
Web page: http://www.ssb.no/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:oup:restud:v:51:y:1984:i:2:p:231-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brinch, Christian N., 2007. "Nonparametric Identification Of The Mixed Hazards Model With Time-Varying Covariates," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 349-354, April.
- Han, Aaron & Hausman, Jerry A, 1990. "Flexible Parametric Estimation of Duration and Competing Risk Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, January-M.
- Roed,K. & Zhang,T., 2000.
"A note on the Weibull distribution and time ag gregation bias,"
23/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Knut R�ed & Tao Zhang, 2002. "A note on the Weibull distribution and time aggregation bias," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 469-472.
- Sokbae (Simon) Lee, 2005.
"Identification of a competing risks model with unknown transformations of latent failure times,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP17/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sokbae Lee, 2006. "Identification of a competing risks model with unknown transformations of latent failure times," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(4), pages 996-1002, December.
- van den Berg, Gerard J & van Ours, Jan C, 1994. "Unemployment Dynamics and Duration Dependence in France, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 432-43, March.
- repec:oup:restud:v:49:y:1982:i:3:p:403-09 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Ours, J.C. & van den Berg, G.J., 1994. "Unemployment Dynamics and Duration Dependence in France, the Netherlands and the UK," Other publications TiSEM 941b66a3-a3a7-4182-9d31-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Sueyoshi, Glenn T, 1995. "A Class of Binary Response Models for Grouped Duration Data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 411-31, Oct.-Dec..
- Christian N. Brinch, 2008. "Non-parametric Identification of the Mixed Hazards Model with Interval-Censored Durations," Discussion Papers 539, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- McCall, Brian P, 1994. "Testing the Proportional Hazards Assumption in the Presence of Unmeasured Heterogeneity," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 321-34, July-Sept.
- Jaap H. Abbring & Gerard J. van den Berg, 2003. "The identifiability of the mixed proportional hazards competing risks model," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(3), pages 701-710.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:600. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J Bruusgaard)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.