Financial Stability, Systemic Risk and Macroprudential Policy
In: CNB Financial Stability Report 2010/2011
This article aims to open a debate on creating a macroprudential policy framework in the Czech Republic. It starts by describing how the CNB defines financial stability and what place macroprudential policy has within it. It then gives the sources of systemic risk and outlines the mechanisms which lead first to the accumulation and subsequently to the materialisation of such risk. It goes on to compare the operational framework of macroprudential policy with the traditional monetary policy framework. Tools and actions which can be included in the financial stability and macroprudential policy toolkit are subsequently incorporated into this framework.
|This chapter was published in: Jan Frait & Zlatuse Komarkova CNB Financial Stability Report 2010/2011, , chapter Thematic Article 1, pages 96-111, 2011.|
|This item is provided by Czech National Bank, Research Department in its series Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes with number fsr1011/1.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Na Prikope 28, 115 03 Prague 1|
Phone: 00420 2 2442 1111
Fax: 00420 2 2421 8522
Web page: http://www.cnb.cz/en/research/research_intro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Ramon Moreno, 2011. "Policymaking from a "macroprudential" perspective in emerging market economies," BIS Working Papers 336, Bank for International Settlements.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Nier, Erlend & Yang, Jing & Yorulmazer, Tanju & Alentorn, Amadeo, 2007.
"Network models and financial stability,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2033-2060, June.
- Claudio Borio & Mathias Drehmann, 2011.
"Toward an Operational Framework for Financial Stability: “Fuzzy” Measurement and Its Consequences,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Rodrigo Alfaro (ed.), Financial Stability, Monetary Policy, and Central Banking, edition 1, volume 15, chapter 4, pages 063-123
Central Bank of Chile.
- Claudio Borio & Mathias Drehmann, 2009. "Towards an Operational Framework for Financial Stability: "Fuzzy" Measurement and its Consequences," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 544, Central Bank of Chile.
- Claudio Borio & Claudio Mathias Drehmann, 2009. "Towards an operational framework for financial stability: "fuzzy" measurement and its consequences," BIS Working Papers 284, Bank for International Settlements.
- Claudio Borio & Mathias Drehmann, 2009. "Assessing the risk of banking crises - revisited," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Christian Upper, 2007. "Using counterfactual simulations to assess the danger of contagion in interbank markets," BIS Working Papers 234, Bank for International Settlements.
- Piet Clement, 2010. "The term “macroprudential”: origins and evolution," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Jan Frait & Luboš Komárek & Zlatuše Komárková, 2011. "Monetary Policy in a Small Economy after Tsunami: A New Consensus on the Horizon?," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 61(1), pages 5-33, January.
- Claudio Borio & William R. White, 2003.
"Whither monetary and financial stability : the implications of evolving policy regimes,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 131-211.
- William R. White & Claudio E. V. Borio, 2004. "Whither monetary and financial stability? the implications of evolving policy regimes," BIS Working Papers 147, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 1996.
"Interbank lending and systemic risk,"
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 733-765.
- Jan Frait & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2009. "Instruments for Curbing Fluctuations in Lending over the Business Cycle," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes, in: CNB Financial Stability Report 2008/2009, chapter 0, pages 72-81 Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Alessi, Lucia & Detken, Carsten, 2009. "'Real time'early warning indicators for costly asset price boom/bust cycles: a role for global liquidity," Working Paper Series 1039, European Central Bank.
- Nikola Tarashev & Claudio Borio & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2010. "Attributing systemic risk to individual institutions," BIS Working Papers 308, Bank for International Settlements.
- Vaugirard, Victor, 2007. "Informational contagion of bank runs in a third-generation crisis model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 403-429, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cnb:ocpubc:fsr1011/1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Babecky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.