Procyclicality in the financial system: do we need a new macrofinancial stabilisation framework?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Laidler,David, 1999. "Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521641739.
- Brad Setser & Nouriel Roubini, 2005. "Will the Bretton Woods 2 regime unravel soon? the risk of a hard landing in 2005-2006," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue feb.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Reis, Ricardo & Saporta, Victoria, 2002.
"Costs of banking system instability: Some empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 825-855, May.
- Glenn Hoggarth & Ricardo Reis & Victoria Saporta, 2001. "Costs of banking system instability: some empirical evidence," Bank of England working papers 144, Bank of England.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomáš Munzi & Petr Hlaváč, 2011.
"Vliv cílování inflace na povahu peněžní nabídky a finanční nerovnováhy
[Inflation Targeting and Its Impact on the Nature of the Money Supply and the Financial Imbalances]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(4), pages 435-453.
- André Cartapanis, 2011. "La crise financière et les politiques macroprudentielles. Inflexion réglementaire ou nouveau paradigme ?," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 62(3), pages 349-382.
- Heike Joebges & Sebastian Dullien & Alejandro Márquez-Velázquez, 2015. "What causes housing bubbles?," IMK Studies 43-2015, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Domenico Lombardi & Manuela Moschella, 2017. "The symbolic politics of delegation: macroprudential policy and independent regulatory authorities," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 92-108, January.
- Mejra Festić, 2006. "Procyclicality of Financial and Real Sector in Transition Economies," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(4), pages 315-349.
- Michele Caivano & Lisa Rodano & Stefano Siviero, 2010. "The transmission of the global financial crisis to the Italian economy. A counterfactual analysis, 2008-2010," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 64, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Jesús Saurina & Carlos Trucharte, 2007.
"An Assessment of Basel II Procyclicality in Mortgage Portfolios,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 81-101, October.
- Jesús Saurina & Carlos Trucharte, 2007. "An assessment of Basel II procyclicality in mortgage portfolios," Working Papers 0712, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Yılmaz AKYÜZ, 2004. "Managing financial instability and shocks," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 19(219), pages 5-17.
- Hume, Michael & Sentance, Andrew, 2009.
"The global credit boom: Challenges for macroeconomics and policy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1426-1461, December.
- Hume, Michael & Sentance, Andrew, 2009. "The global credit boom: challenges for macroeconomics and policy," Discussion Papers 27, Monetary Policy Committee Unit, Bank of England.
- Ivo Maes, 2010. "Alexandre Lamfalussy and the origins of the BIS macro-prudential approach to financial stability," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 63(254), pages 265-292.
- Miroslav Plasil & Tomas Konecny & Jakub Seidler & Petr Hlavac, 2015. "In the Quest of Measuring the Financial Cycle," Working Papers 2015/05, Czech National Bank.
- Ivo Maes, 2009. "On the origins of the BIS macro-prudential approach to financial stability: Alexandre Lamfalussy and financial fragility," Working Paper Research 176, National Bank of Belgium.
- Alasdair Scott & Pau Rabanal & Prakash Kannan, 2009. "Macroeconomic Patterns and Monetary Policy in the Run-up to Asset Price Busts," IMF Working Papers 09/252, International Monetary Fund.
- Antonio Torrero Mañas, 2014. "España, una recesión de balance," Working Papers 10/14, Instituto Universitario de Análisis Económico y Social.
- William R White, 2008. "Globalisation and the determinants of domestic inflation," BIS Working Papers 250, Bank for International Settlements.
- Anastasia Nesvetailova, 2012. "Liquidity Illusions in the Global Financial Architecture," Chapters, in: Kern Alexander & Rahul Dhumale (ed.), Research Handbook on International Financial Regulation, chapter 15, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bouvatier, Vincent & López-Villavicencio, Antonia & Mignon, Valérie, 2014. "Short-run dynamics in bank credit: Assessing nonlinearities in cyclicality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 127-136.
- Paul De Grauwe, 2010. "The Financial Crisis and the Future of the Eurozone," Bruges European Economic Policy Briefings 21, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Martin Mandel & Vladimír Tomšík, 2015.
"Dynamika a rovnováha úspor, investic a úvěru v hospodářském cyklu: příklad České republiky
[Dynamics and Balance of Savings, Investments, and Credits in Business Cycle: The Case of the Czech Republ," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(1), pages 32-56.
- Alan S. Blinder, 2006. "Monetary Policy Today: Sixteen Questions and about Twelve Answers," Working Papers 73, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Ivo Maes & Piet Clement, 2018. "Alexandre Lamfalussy and the monetary policy debates among central bankers during the Great Inflation," Working Paper Research 341, National Bank of Belgium.
- Heike Joebges & Sebastian Dullien & Alejandro MÃ¡rquez-VelÃ¡zquez, 2015. "What causes housing bubbles? A theoretical and empirical inquiry," Competence Centre on Money, Trade, Finance and Development 1501, Hochschule fuer Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin.
- Yilmaz Akyuz, 2008. "Managing Financial Instability in Emerging Markets: A Keynesian Perspective," Working Papers 2008/4, Turkish Economic Association.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic policy; financial stability;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.